How I'm voting on Jun 2018 Ballot Measures (elected officials coming later)

Jeff's Election Picks

May 26, 2018, 1:00:00 AM5/26/18
to caele...@googlegroups.com
Dear fellow voters,
I've finished part of my writeup for this June's primary election -- just the ballot measures so far. Check it out at https://caelections.blogspot.com/

If you just want the summary, you can print out this email, which is just the headers from my How I'm voting on June 2018 Ballot Measures post.

My picks for elected officials are coming later. I'm in the process of thinking through and writing those up. Informed and thoughtful opinions welcome, particularly on some down-ballot races: State Treasurer, State A.G., State Insurance Commissioner, CA 15th Assembly, Alameda Auditor-Controller, Alameda District Attorney. I plan to finish my writeup by the end of the Memorial Day weekend.

Please feel free to forward this widely, encourage people to visit the blog and sign up for this email list. If you have feedback, please comment on the blog -- I'll answer blog comments before I answer individual emails. As usual, all views in this email and on the blog are entirely my own and are not those of my workplace or any organization I'm involved in.

-- Jeff

PS -- If you got this forwarded to you and you'd like to get it directly in the future, please point your browser to https://caelections.blogspot.com and put your email address into the "Google groups" box in the upper left.

State

68: YES for Parks, Water, & Environment

69: YES to Ensure Transportation Revenues are used for Transportation Purposes

70: NO. Don’t require Supermajority to use Cap and Trade Funds

71: YES for Good Government Reform

72: YES to Promote Rainwater Capture Systems

Bay Area

Regional Measure 3: YES to improve transportation with funds from higher bridge tolls.

Alameda County

A: YES for childcare and early education

See my latest election recommendations at http://caelections.blogspot.com.
To get on my mailing list and get these directly, put your email address in the box at upper left.