Summary of Jeff's November 2010 recommendations

Jeff Hobson

Oct 28, 2010, 3:35:08 AM10/28/10
to caele...@googlegroups.com

Fellow voters,

I've finally gotten through as many election endorsements as I'm going to do this year. I've now posted recommendations for a bunch of elected officials and ballot measures in the East Bay, in addition to the state propositions & officials from last week. Check out the details on my election blog at http://caelections.blogspot.com -- and let me (and other readers) know what you think.

Below I've pasted my summary, with clickable links to the writeups on each segment of the ballot.

Please feel free to forward this to people you think would be interested. Encourage them to sign up for this email list (http://caelections.blogspot.com, upper left corner) to get recommendations directly. And I'm also open to any suggestions about how to make the blog and email list easier to use.

Thanks for your interest,
Jeff

Summary of Jeff's November 2010 Recommendations

State Propositions: see writeup for details
19: Leaning Yes
20: Leaning No
21: Yes
22: No
23: NO NO NO
24: Leaning Yes
25: Yes
26: NO NO NO
27: NO

State Elected Officials: see writeup for details on some
Governor: Jerry Brown
Lieutenant Governor: Gavin Newsom
Secretary of State: Debra Bowen

Controller: John Chiang
Treasurer: Bill Lockyer
Attorney General: Kamala Harris
Insurance Commissioner: Dave Jones

U.S. Senator: Barbara Boxer

U.S. Congress, 9th Congressional District: Barbara Lee
Member, State Board of Equalization, 1st District: Betty Yee

Special Districts & Superior Court (writeup has details on all)
** BART, District 4: Robert Raburn **
AC Transit, At-Large: Joel Young
AC Transit, Ward 3: Elsa Ortiz

EBMUD Director, Ward 4: Andy Katz

Superior Court Judge Office #9: Victoria Kolakowski

Alameda County & Berkeley Measures: see writeup for details on all
Alameda County
F: Yes for transportation improvements
Berkeley
H: Yes for Schools
I: Yes for Schools
R: YES YES YES for a better downtown
S: Yes
T: Yes

Berkeley City Council
District 1: Linda Maio
District 4: Jim Novosel (1st), Eric Panzer (2nd)
District 7: Ces Rosales
District 8: write in your neighbor

Berkeley School Board
Josh Daniels, Karen Hemphill, Leah Wilson

Oakland Mayor & City Council
Mayor: Rebecca Kaplan (1st), Don Perata (2nd), Jean Quan (3rd)
Council District 4: Libby Schaaf
Council District 2: Jennifer Pae

... and if you live elsewhere in the East Bay, you might be interested in other people's East Bay (and statewide) endorsements.

See November 2010 election recommendations at http://caelections.blogspot.com.
Put your email address in the box at upper left to get on my mailing list.