How I'm voting, June 2018 election

Jeff Hobson

Jun 1, 2018, 2:56:07 AM6/1/18
to caele...@googlegroups.com
Dear fellow voters,
I've finally finished my writeup for how I'm voting in this June's primary election. Check it out at https://caelections.blogspot.com/

If you just want the summary, you can print out this email, which is just the headers from three posts:
Please feel free to forward this widely, encourage people to visit the blog and sign up for this email list. If you have feedback, please comment on the blog -- I'll answer blog comments before I answer individual emails. As usual, all views in this email and on the blog are entirely my own and are not those of my workplace or any organization I'm involved in.

-- Jeff

PS -- If you got this forwarded to you and you'd like to get it directly in the future, please point your browser to
https://caelections.blogspot.com and put your email address into the "Google groups" box in the upper left.

Statewide Races
Governor: Probably John Chiang; maybe Antonio Villaraigosa
Lieutenant Governor: I’m not sure
Secretary of State: Alex Padilla
Controller: Betty Yee
Treasurer: Vivek Viswanathan to get on Nov. ballot with Fiona Ma
Attorney General: You can’t go wrong: I’m leaning Xavier Becerra
Insurance Commissioner: Ricardo Lara
State Board of Equalization, District 2: Malia Cohen
U.S. Senator: Kevin De Leon
State Superintendent of Public Instruction: leaning Marshall Tuck over Tony Thurmond

Local Districts, Federal + State Offices
U.S. Congress, 13th District: Barbara Lee
CA State Assembly, 15th District: Beckles over Pardue Okimoto + Wicks

Alameda County
Superior Court Judge, Office #1: Tara Flanagan
Assessor: Phong La
Auditor-Controller/Clerk-Recorder: Blackwood
District Attorney: Pamela Price (Heart) over Nancy O’Malley (Head)

State Ballot Measures
68: YES for Parks, Water, & Environment
69: YES to Ensure Transportation Revenues are used for Transportation Purposes
70: NO. Don’t require Supermajority to use Cap and Trade Funds
71: YES for Good Government Reform
72: YES to Promote Rainwater Capture Systems

Bay Area Ballot Measure
Regional Measure 3: YES to improve transportation with funds from higher bridge tolls.

Alameda County Ballot Measure
A: YES for childcare and early education