Jeff's election recommendations: the slam-dunks & looking for input

Jeff Hobson

Oct 23, 2012, 3:46:08 PM10/23/12
to caele...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow voters!

Is it just me, or does the ballot get longer every year? I'm starting to write up my election recommendations for the November 2012 election. As I have for the past several years, I'll be posting my recommendations on http://caelections.blogspot.com/. This is the first of a few emails before election day.

First off, here are the a few local races I'm most enthusiastic about and invested in:
I'm about to dive into the rest of the local races, posting them to my blog as I go. If you want to influence my (and others') thinking on local races, use the comments field in my "kickoff" post. You can also use the comments to tell me to pay attention to a race I might otherwise skip. I've got strong leanings on some, but I'm always open to input.

At the state level, I'm absolutely sure of Yes on 30 (fix the budget!), No on 32 (don't silence our voices), and Yes on 34 (replace the death penalty with justice that works!). I've got strong leans on others, plus there's LOTS of good informational resources out there. I'll probably write up the state propositions last.

Before election day, I'll put together summaries for local & state races and send them out also.

Please forward this to people you think would be interested. Encourage them to sign up for this email list (http://caelections.blogspot.com, upper left corner) to get recommendations directly. I'm also open to any suggestions about how to make the blog and email list easier to use.

Thanks for your interest,
Jeff Hobson