Fwd: Test your making skills with our DIY Holiday Gift guide

Artyom Poptsov

Dec 24, 2020, 10:36:14 AM12/24/20
to CADR Hackerspace

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Carolina Portugal <ca...@wikifactory.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 21, 2020, 19:33
Subject: Test your making skills with our DIY Holiday Gift guide
To: <poptsov...@gmail.com>

Hi CADR,

The holidays are a good opportunity to spend some quality time with loved ones and those you care most about. A lot is changing too, and we can see now more than ever the importance of digital fabrication, and sharing innovations with people all over the world.

So, for this holiday season, why not manufacture your Christmas gifts? It is more affordable, sustainable, and you can personalize them too! To inspire you, we have created Wikifactory's DIY holiday gift guide, with an amazing selection of projects and ideas that you can manufacture for (or with) dear ones from all ages and interests.

Here are three of our favourite Wikifactory projects you can download, remix or digitally fabricate to give to your loved ones as a DIY gift for Christmas to make celebrations more exciting.

Get the young-uns inspired by 3D printing and basic programming with a variation of one of our all-time favourites. Dozer is a version of @OttoDIY by Bill Schonfelder, a modular programable robot that is educational and fun to create.

Entertain your pets with Lazer Chazer, project by @flowalistik a customizable, easy to assemble open-source Arduino powered toy that includes lasers. Also it's (almost) cat-proof.

Throw a nomadic party and bring some fun and music this holiday season with  Kataposte, project by Damien Ragoucy an open-hardware and durable audio speaker with instructions available in three different languages.

Our goal here at Wikifactory is to provide a social platform and online collaboration system where you and your team can make physical products together, with nothing but a laptop and internet connection. So in case Santa has to quarantine, find some inspiration in these creative projects and start making today!

To stay up to date on new innovations on Wikifactory, follow us on our social media channels. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo. In case of any problems, doubts or if you just need some help with something, don't hesitate to get in touch. Simply reply to this email or reach out through the chatbot.

Carolina Portugal
Head of Community

wikifactory.com
Twitter: @wikifactory
Instagram: @wikifactoryhq

Wikifactory Ltd, 2nd Floor Windsor House, 40/41 Great Castle Street, London W1W 8LU, United Kingdom
Unsubscribe from our emails
intercom