Future Compatibility

Kyle Van Hoogen

Aug 14, 2015, 3:12:50 PM8/14/15
to CadPage
I am curious if there will ever be any future way to link two tone detect pages to the cadpage app? Please let me know, thanks.

Ken Corbin

Aug 14, 2015, 3:43:17 PM8/14/15
to cad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kyle,

I am not quite sure what you are expecting. Listening for tones on a
dispatch radio channel is not possible. The hardware to do that just is
not included in your Android device. An interface with a portable radio
pager has been considered, and might work if the radio has a USB or
Bluetooth interface. Listening for tones on an Internet feed of your
dispatch channel would certainly be possible. But without any digital
dispatch information, we could not identify or map the location. So I
am not sure what purpose that would server.

Have a nice day,
-Kn

On 08/14/2015 12:12 PM, Kyle Van Hoogen wrote:
> I am curious if there will ever be any future way to link two tone
> detect pages to the cadpage app? Please let me know, thanks.

Kyle Van Hoogen

Aug 14, 2015, 3:48:25 PM8/14/15
to cad...@googlegroups.com
Well I suppose I should elaborate more on the question. Two tone detect is a program that runs on a pc, listens to the line in audio feed which a scanner plugs into and monitors a specific dispatch frequency. The two tone detect program is configured to start recording when a specific two tone parameter is met, and then can email the audio files to an email address of your choice. Why I'm asking is of cad page has the ability to receive an email with an audio file attached and show it as an alert on the app. Does this make any sense?
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "CadPage" group.

Kyle E Van Hoogen
KVH Communications
        WX9KVH
ARES/RACES/CERT
Milwaukee Area Skywarn # 312
Burlington, WI 53105

*****PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
This communication is an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sec. 2510. Its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient(s) intended by the sender of this message. This transmission and any attachments may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, reliance on, or use of any of the information contained herein is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Please destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any matter and confirm by return email. Thank You.

Ken Corbin

Aug 14, 2015, 4:32:44 PM8/14/15
to cad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kyle,

OK, that makes more sense. I have seen those audio packets before, just
did not associate them with the "Two Tone Detect" name. It is a rather
clever solution to dispatch centers that can not or will not provide a
digital page alert.

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do with it. We have enough
problems trying to handle free format text messages. To handle an audio
alert we would have to run it through a speech to text analyzer, then
process what comes out as a free format alert. It would be a lot of
work and the final results would not be terribly reliable.

Getting your dispatch center to provide some kind of digital feed is a
much better option. You might try contacting CodeMessaging.net and see
what they can do. The one thing they do better than anyone else is find
ways to intercept digital dispatch feeds.

Good luck,
-Ken