EMD and EFD Codes

Michael Sells

Jun 15, 2014, 9:18:07 PM6/15/14
to cad...@googlegroups.com
Would it be possible to write in to the app a way to decode EMD and EFD Codes? The way our CAD is set up we receive the call like this:

The first 2 numbers indicate the call type. At quick glance it would be beneficial if the app interpreted the numbers and changed it to the verbage:

EMD

01 Abdominal Pain
02 Allergic Reaction
03 Animal Bite
04 Assault
05 Back Pain
06 respiratory Distress
07 Burns
08 Carbon Monoxide
09 Cardiac Arrest
10 Chest Pain
11 Choking
12 Seizures
13 Diabetic
14 Drowning
15 Electrocution
16 Eye Injuries
17 Fall
18 Headache
19 Heart Related
20 Heat/Cold Exposure
21 Hemorrhage/Lacerate
22 Industrial Accident
23 Overdose
24 Maternity
25 Emotional Disorder
26 Sick Person
27 Stab/Gun Shot/Pen Trauma
28 CVA
29 Traffic Accident
30 Injured Person
31 Uncon/Syncopal
32 Unknown Med Emer
33 Trans/Palliative

EFD

51 Aircraft Emergency
52 Alarms
53 Citizen Assist
54 Confine Entrap
55 Electrical Hazard
56 Elevator/Escalator
57 Explosion
58 Extrication/Entrap
59 Fuel Spill
60 Gas Leak/Odor
61 Hazmat
62 High Angle Rescue
63 Lightning Strike
64 Marine Fire
65 Mutual Aide
66 Odor (Strange/Unk)
67 Outside Fire
68 Smoke Investigation
69 Structure Fire
71 Vehicle Fire
72 Water Rescue
73 Boat Disaster/Collision
75 Train and Rail Fire
77 MVC

If this isn't the right place to post this, please point me in right direction. Thanks

Ken Corbin

Jun 15, 2014, 10:45:41 PM6/15/14
to cad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Micheal,

Those are international standard call codes. We have some very large
lookup tables we can use to get a human readable description.

What I need to know is which location parser is being invoked. You may
not know the answer to that one. But if you long press a few of your
calls and select "Report Problem" to send them to us, I can figure out
which one we need to update.

Have a nice day,
-Ken

On 06/15/2014 06:18 PM, Michael Sells wrote:
> Would it be possible to write in to the app a way to decode EMD and EFD
> Codes? The way our CAD is set up we receive the call like this:
>
> <http://i.imgur.com/3ggvftG.png>

Michael Sells

Jun 15, 2014, 11:04:45 PM6/15/14
to cad...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the fast reply. I just reported 3 calls in a row as you requested.