How do I setup a scanner to work with Cadpage?

Matt Hieter

Jun 24, 2015, 11:25:21 PM6/24/15
to cad...@googlegroups.com
How do I setup my scanner to work with Cadpage? I looked on the website and searched this group and could not find any instructions?

Ken Corbin

Jun 24, 2015, 11:41:46 PM6/24/15
to cad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

You have to set up some things before the Start Radio button will work

1) You have to install the Scanner Radio or Scanner Radio Pro app.

2) Open the Scanner Radio app and select one or more favorite channels
that you want to listen to.

3) Then, open Cadpage Location Settings, scroll down to the bottom and
use the Scanner Channel setting to select one of the Scanner Radio
favorite channels.

4) If you want the channel to open automatically when a new call is
received, check the box labeled "Auto Open Scanner Channel".

The Start Radio button should now launch the Scanner Radio app listening
to the selected channel.

This doesn't magically turn your Android device into a shortwave radio
receiver. Scanner Radio works by relaying Internet feeds from
volunteers across the country who have set up audio feeds from real
hardware scanners. If no one has set this up in your area your are out
of luck.

Take care,
-Ken

On 06/24/2015 08:25 PM, Matt Hieter wrote:
> How do I setup my scanner to work with Cadpage? I looked on the website
> and searched this group and could not find any instructions?

Matt Hieter

Jun 25, 2015, 1:53:11 AM6/25/15
to cad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,
Allow me to reword my question:
How do I  set up audio feeds from a real hardware scanner?

Matt