Cost of API calls

Paul Sleigh

Aug 11, 2020, 7:14:00 PM8/11/20
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
Some stuff I read when setting up my developer account implied that using the REST API incurs a cost per query.  So, for example, querying /v1/Products might cost x cents (where x is presumably a small decimal like 0.0001 or something) per query, or per page returned, or something else.  Ditto for other queries.

Is that true?

If so, what is the actual cost?

And how is it billed?

Aaron Guzman

Aug 12, 2020, 3:41:38 PM8/12/20
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
Hi Paul,

As far as I know there isn't a cost for actually using the API (aside from your own company computing/Channel Advisor contract).

I believe the "cost" the documentation refers to is talking about rate limits. The API has rate limits (you can read more about those here). The "cost" doesn't refer to money, it refers to using up your rate limit.