Filtering order by last update

Vaclav Jares

May 23, 2019, 6:47:58 PM5/23/19
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
In order to setup proper sync of orders between our system and channel advisor we need periodically pull orders that were updated from pervious sync timestamp.

Without that we're unable to get item/address and other updates made in channel advisor.

Is there some option to filter orders that way?

Thanks!

[ChannelAdvisor] Marshall McClure

May 24, 2019, 9:28:21 AM5/24/19
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
Hi Vaclav,

When a pending order is updated with its missing data, we transition the payment status to Cleared, so you can filter based on PaymentDateUtc.

Regards,

Vaclav Jares

May 24, 2019, 5:59:49 PM5/24/19
to ca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response.

But this field wouldn’t get updated in case account administrator does any changes to the order (like address change, order items changes etc, status changes)

So we wouldn’t be ever able to get these updates in our system (without complete periodic re-sync of all orders - which would be huge overhead for us and mainly for your API).

Basically what we need is following

every 5 minutes:
GET /orders?updatedDateGreatherThan={now() - interval 5 minutes}
   -> update retrivied orders in our system

How would we achieve somewhat like that? Or is there other way how to keep orders in sync between our system and channeladvisor?

Thanks!

[ChannelAdvisor] Marshall McClure

May 28, 2019, 10:30:50 AM5/28/19
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
Hi Vaclav,

We do not currently offer a filter that would fully support the scenario you described. We expose update timestamps for checkout, payment, and shipping status and for fulfillments, but not for an order as a whole. I will bring this up with the team so we can discuss if and when we would want to implement something like that.

Regards,

Vaclav Jares

May 28, 2019, 1:08:52 PM5/28/19
to ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

So what do you suggest to keep orders in sync between the systems? Do you know how other partners integrate with you without this option?

Thanks!
VACLAV JARES // Chief Technology Officer
+1 (855) 222-4601  linkedin.com/in/vjares
Deerfield Beach, FL//San Bernardino, CA//NY/NJ (coming soon)
ShipMonk
ShipMonk FacebookShipMonk InstagramShipMonk LinkedInShipMonk YouTube
Fastest growing fulfillment

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cadn/edc53b7b-539d-410d-9646-cb2043ecb814%40googlegroups.com.

[ChannelAdvisor] Marshall McClure

May 28, 2019, 4:57:30 PM5/28/19
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
Hi Vaclav,

Nearly any change a user can make to an order in the ChannelAdvisor UI can also be made via API, so if your users can update their orders via your software rather than our UI, and you make the same change in ChannelAdvisor at the same time via the API, then you would always be in sync. Since I am not familiar with your software I have no idea if that would be a viable workflow for our shared user base.

In addition to the update timestamps I mentioned previously for status fields and fulfillments, you can also poll for new adjustments by filtering on the adjustment creation timestamp.

In terms of what other API partners are doing, I am not aware of any existing solutions that would be relevant to you, but hopefully someone will see this and chime in.

Regards,
Thanks!

Junior Solokhin

Jan 14, 2021, 1:49:20 PM1/14/21
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
Did anyone come up with a solution for this? I'm facing the same issue. I understand I can make those updates through the API, instead of doing it directly in the Channel Advisor UI, but there's no guarantee our users will not make changes directly in the UI. The only way to restrict them is not giving them access to the channel advisor UI at all, which is also not an option. That would mean I would have to implement every functionality of the channel advisor UI that we use into my application.

The only way I see right now is scanning through the entire life of orders and comparing to my database to see if I need to update any orders. This would be VERY inefficient and would be a waste of resources on both ends.
Are there plans to expose update timestamps for shipping addresses and notes or on an order as a whole?

Thank you!