OAuth2 problem

Joe C.

Nov 12, 2020, 5:36:02 AM11/12/20
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
I'm running into an issue with the authentication.

1. My web app makes an API call to https://api.channeladvisor.com/oauth2/authorize with the client_id, response_code, access_type, scope and redirect_uri.

2. The response is some HTML with a hyperlink, which when the user clicks, directs them to the ChannelAdvisor authentication page where they grant the application access

3. ChannelAdvisor sends the user back to the redirect uri with the code parameter.

4. My web app then make an api call back to https://api.channeladvisor.com/oauth2/token with the grant_type as authorization_code (as per their documentation and examples), as well as the code, and redirect uri (not sure why they need this a second time?).

5. The response is simply {"error":"unsupported_grant_type"}

Any help would be appreciated.

Joseph Cooper

Nov 12, 2020, 6:42:45 AM11/12/20
to ca...@googlegroups.com
After days of pulling my hair out, rewriting code, testing various OAuth2 library's, trying multiple things on Postman, I deleted the application from the developers console and created a new one, it worked instantly.