Unable to cancel order items using API

Tina S.

Jun 29, 2021, 11:08:34 AM6/29/21
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
I am trying to cancel individual items on an order but each cancel request ends up failing.   When the request is sent, the response status code is "204 No Content" and the cancellation is put into Pending status.  But after a few minutes, the cancellation status changes to fail with the error status:
Notes set to 'Shopify order with id '241024' was not found on the channel. It could not be imported or updated' (was '') Status set to 'Failed' (was 'New')

Could I be receiving this error message because the SellerAdjustmentID is incorrect?  I've searched the API docs but there is no explanation as to what value is needed for this field however it is required in the API request.
img_004.png

I am using POST https://api.channeladvisor.com/v1/OrderItems(orderItemID)/Adjust.
The JSON request is {"Reason": "BuyerCancelled","SellerAdjustmentID": "SampleAdjustmentID-12345","Restock": true,"PreventMarketplaceCommunication":true}

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

[ChannelAdvisor] Khanh Duong

Jun 29, 2021, 2:51:30 PM6/29/21
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network
Hey Tina, it seems like the system is trying to communicate with the marketplace for this adjustment and can't locate the order. If this is a test order and you're trying to prevent marketplace communication the property is "PreventSiteProcessing".

If you run into these type of issues again it's best to contact our Support team so they can get all the details and take a closer look, thanks.

-Khanh

Tina S.

Jun 30, 2021, 1:31:24 PM6/30/21
to ChannelAdvisor Developer Network