IESO Business Update – Summer Operations Update

Art Hunter

Jun 26, 2024, 1:59:09 AM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to CACOR CG, cacor-public
This is an interesting short read on the preparedness of the Ontario Grid to handle summer air conditioning loads.   A few minutes to read.

My comment is "I am glad I have a microgrid to skip over the outages with ease."

--
sac-20240626-update-memo-summer operations.pdf

Phil Reilly

Jun 26, 2024, 8:38:30 AM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to cacor-pub...@googlegroups.com, CACOR CG, cacor-public
Different grie outage preparedness for us! A legacy of operating our plant nursery provides us electricity for home cooling (and other needs such as maintaining the food freezer's ability to keep its contents frozen ) ... a backup generator that activates 20 seconds after a power outage. Unfortunately it is propane-powered.😞 In winter periods, the propane (powering two parlor stoves) keeps our house warm during power outages.

Phil Reilly