James Howard Kunstler | Breaking Through the Fog of Unreality | 2024-07-10 | CACOR Live

Art Hunter

Jul 4, 2024, 11:33:45 AM (15 hours ago) Jul 4
to Cacor Events

You are invited to a scheduled CACOR Live meeting.

Topic:   Breaking Through the Fog of Unreality

Speaker:  James Howard Kunstler

Time:  10 July 2024 13:30 Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87243306100?pwd=WmNsRE01Ylp0RHJ0UHFsQ3YxQmFkdz09

Meeting ID: 872 4330 6100
Passcode: 459487

Kunstler takes you on a deep dive through the broken consensus about reality now be-setting the nations of Western Civilization in the essential matters of economy, politics, and culture. We have a lot of repair work to do in our own minds before we can coherently face the challenges to everyday life coming at us. He lays out the problems with precision and then addresses the intelligent responses to them. He emphasizes the physical arrangement of life on the terrain of North America: the changes we apt to see in the patterns of cities, suburbs, small towns, and the rural landscape. You are allowed to laugh.

 Biography:

James Howard Kunstler is probably best known as the author of “The Long Emergency” (The Atlantic Monthly Press 2005), and “The Geography of Nowhere” (Simon and Schuster, 1993). Two other non-fiction titles in that series are “Home From Nowhere” (Simon and Schuster, 1996), and “The City in Mind” (Simon and Schuster, 2002). He’s also the author of many novels, including his tale of the post-oil American future, “World Made By Hand” (The Atlantic Monthly press, 2008) and its three sequels. His shorter work has appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Atlantic Monthly, Metropolis, Rolling Stone, Playboy, and many other periodicals.

He has lectured at Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Princeton, Dartmouth, Cornell, MIT, RPI, the University of Virginia and many other colleges, and he has appeared before many professional organizations such as the AIA , the APA., and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

Administration:

–  The CACOR Sponsor is Claude Buettner.

–  Please invite friends and colleagues.

–  One brief question at a time please.   Others are waiting.

–  DO NOT post these CACOR Live credentials on social media.

– Suggestions for future speakers are solicited.  Wednesdays starting on 23 Oct 2024 are available.

Planned CACOR Live Meetings:

10-Jul-24James Howard KunstlerBreaking Through the Fog of Unreality
17-Jul-24Dave RolloKeep Our Counties Great
24-Jul-24Bob WalkerWaste nuclear heat for district heating
31-Jul-24Ruben NelsonPermacrisis, Polycrisis, Metacrisis:  An attempt to Clarify the Human Problematique – Just what are we in for?
7-Aug-24Raymond LeuryPart 3:  Do we have the Materials for a Green Transition?
14-Aug-24closedWeek off in August.
21-Aug-24closedWeek off in August.
28-Aug-24David HuttonProtection of Whistleblowers in Canada
4-Sep-24David Head, John Gentile and Art HunterCommunity Energy; always on carbon free power & fuel systems
11-Sep-24David HarriesCanada Undefended? Yes!  Canada Undefendable? Yes, Unless…..
18-Sep-24Maude BarlowWater
25-Sep-24Trevor HancockLinking well being and an adverse environment
2-Oct-24Dr. Brian CzechDeveloping the Steady State Economy Act
9-Oct-24Dr. Charlie HallOUR ENERGY FUTURE :  What scares me
16-Oct-24David DoughertyDebates and discussions of current topics
23-Oct-24
30-Oct-24
6-Nov-24
13-Nov-24
20-Nov-24Ruth WaldickNavigating climate adaption in small, rural communities
27-Nov-24