Land-Owner Gifts Delivered

1 view

Jeff Salisbury

Feb 13, 2019, 12:16:20 PM2/13/19
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

On Monday (Feb 11 2019) I delivered our group's gifts to land-owners Cody & Shiloh Reese, Lane & Angie Jensen, Cleve & Sue Steed, Terry Lamb, and Paul & Kim Willie. The gift baskets were from Great Harvest, but then loaded up with additional goodies from the fabulous Island Market (thanks Todd Sherman!): locally made cheese, honey, etc, plus some Cal Ranch gift cards, plus our 2019 Short Divide Calendar (thanks Dustin Hawkes & Josh Heater!).

Each basket had a thank-you card. Everyone's name who contributed this year was listed in the card (alphabetically). When I delivered the gifts, I emphasized that the gifts were from our entire group.

First, I stopped in Tremonton and delivered a basket to Cody & Shiloh Reese (now full owners of Lamb's Launch). They were very warm and friendly and said (like last year) that we really don't need to give them gifts. They reiterated how happy they are to let us fly from and over their property.  Cody is stoked to do a tandem (thanks Keenan!).  They've fully bought the upper launch property from Terry Lamb.  Cody was apologetic that he asked us for liability waivers. I assured him that we don't mind and that we're grateful that they're so generous with us.

Next, I stopped at Lane & Angie Jensen's (owners of our North launch at Little Mountain). Our relationship with the Jensens is newer and not as developed as with our other land-owner patrons. Lane wasn't at home and I spoke briefly with some grandkids. I left the grandkids with a calendar. I'll be following up with Lane to ask permission to fly their property again this year.

Next, I stopped at Cleve & Sue Steed's home. They were both warm, gracious and very appreciative of the gift.  More than any of our other hosts, they adore the calendars.  They've both had a rough year with their health.  Even though they are on the upswing, they said that they are about to hand off their ranch to their son, Jardee.  They volunteered and emphasized that Jardee will continue to give us access to their property.

Next, I stopped at Terry Lamb's. He greeted me warmly and went right for the calendar.   He asked for reassurance that we will still visit and deliver a calendar now that he's sold his property (to Cody & Shiloh).  I assured him that we would!  Terry also had a difficult year with his health.  He was hospitalized for 3 days last Fall when he discovered he had congestive heart failure, diabetes, and high blood pressure.  He's since lost 30 lbs, dialed in a healthier diet, and is hitting the gym 3 times a week and feeling and doing much better.

Finally, I stopped at the Willies in Mendon (they own the land we need to access the Brigham City Towers launch). Paul & Kim were warm, gracious, and very appreciative of the gift.  This year, they took a particular interest in the calendar because many of the months used pictures from the Brigham site.  Surprisingly, they've never been to the towers.  They asked us to invite them along this year so they can see that spot, and watch us fly.

My friends, we're so lucky! We have these amazing sites on private property that are great to fly, AND we have all these fantastic land owners who are so incredibly generous. We're pretty fortunate!

A big kudos to Keenan -- the calendars were his brainchild a few years ago. These calendars really resonate with our hosts. They see their property, and our wings in the air over their land, and it just blows their mind!

Kudos to you, our group! Let's continue to safe-guard the privilege we have to use their land. We should never take for granted the privilege of using their beautiful land. They don't owe it to us to open their gates, let us drive on their property, and let us launch and land. If we're not good guests, it could end in a heart beat.

I'm grateful to call you all friends and feel lucky to fly with ya'll.  This sport certainly wouldn't be the same if it were solo.

Hopefully it won't be long before we're getting lots of flyable days.

Jeff

Doug Carlson

Feb 13, 2019, 12:28:51 PM2/13/19
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Jeff-
Thanks for the marvelous work you and others have done to establish and maintain relationships with these land owners! It’s through your thoughtful and diligent work in securing and maintaining these relationships, that goofballs like me can occasionally travel north and enjoy a great flying day with you and other good friends in Cache.
Best,
Doug

Sent from my iPad
> --
> Our default radio frequency: 145.555 MHz
>
> Our shared folder (for pictures, etc) is: http://goo.gl/7TA0k2

Dustin Hawkes

Feb 13, 2019, 1:43:08 PM2/13/19
to cacherichparagliding
Thanks Jeff.  As for the pictures in the calendar, I think only one was from the Brigham site looking out over the Brigham City airport, but the others were mostly from Randolph and Short Divide.  The Willies definitely need to take a drive up there with us.

I'm looking forward to repacking my reserve soon and to the warmer weather ahead in the coming months.  I always have a good time out flying with you guys.  There's nothing quite the same as being out in the open sky taking in the amazing views seen in every direction.

Dustin Hawkes

Matt Shoemaker

Feb 13, 2019, 10:26:46 PM2/13/19
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Wow, thank you so much for your delivery efforts Jeff! Your work to foster and maintain landowner relationships is awesome! Like you said, we are incredibly blessed to live in such a free-flyin’ friendly area. Each of us doing our part to show kindness, respect and vigilance will help maintain these relationships and keep us in the air 🙂

- - - - - - - - - - -
Best Regards,

Matt Shoemaker

James Hull

Feb 14, 2019, 9:03:20 AM2/14/19
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Really great work, Jeff! Privileged to be part of this group.

Jim

Josh Heater

Feb 14, 2019, 9:08:06 AM2/14/19
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
As always, wonderful job. Thanks Jeff! Much appreciated!
Josh Heater