SD Sunday?

1 view

Nate Johnson

Sep 2, 2018, 9:30:04 AM9/2/18
to Cache Google Group
Looking at the tea leaves it looks like SD might be in play today? Winds look like they will be relatively light from the SW. Might be worth a shot other than it looks pretty stable? Winds are forecast a bit stronger up in the 12K range. Did the waivers ever get figured out? I need to get them signed if they are.

Jeff Salisbury

Sep 2, 2018, 1:15:25 PM9/2/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
On 9/2/2018 7:30 AM, Nate Johnson wrote:
> Looking at the tea leaves it looks like SD might be in play today? Winds look like they will be relatively light from the SW. Might be worth a shot other than it looks pretty stable? Winds are forecast a bit stronger up in the 12K range. Did the waivers ever get figured out? I need to get them signed if they are.
Hi Nate!

SD might work, but it would take a deviation from the forecast to make it happen.  The lake winds would have to turn the predicted W and W-NW into South winds.

Alternatively, we're currently considering a hike & fly east of Cache Valley -- the wind direction and speed looks fairly ideal actually -- except for the hiking part :-D.

We could watch Riverside for a couple of hours and then decide: https://is.gd/5e5pof

Here (attached) is the waiver for the SD upper launch (Lamb's Launch).

Jeff

Rockin R Ranch Liability Waiver Form 3.pdf

MichMoor77

Sep 2, 2018, 1:25:14 PM9/2/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff, I'vebeen on the mailing list for a while but I have never actually meet up with you guys. I think that today would be ideal for me to make it out if anything ends up coming together. I would definitely need directions though since I have no idea where any of the discussed places actually are.

Thanks
Mike
--
Our default radio frequency: 145.555 MHz

Our shared folder (for pictures, etc) is: http://goo.gl/7TA0k2
<Rockin R Ranch Liability Waiver Form 3.pdf>

Brina James

Sep 2, 2018, 1:49:10 PM9/2/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. Like really good? Like maybe Brina nice ness?
:-)

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Nate J.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:55:34 PM9/2/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jeff - what am I missing?

--
Nate J.
----------

Jeff Salisbury

Sep 2, 2018, 2:31:13 PM9/2/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
On 9/2/2018 11:55 AM, Nate J. wrote:
Hey Jeff - what am I missing?

If the NAM 3 plays out it, SD might work.  However, if the HRRR3 plays out instead, the SD lower launch will be 90 degrees cross at 13 mph, and the upper launch will be blown out until a small launch window late in the afternoon or early evening offering probably only a short soaring session on the upper ridge.

The Riverside station should give us a pretty good idea in the next hour or so.

Jeff Salisbury

Sep 2, 2018, 3:58:09 PM9/2/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Hike & Fly.  Meeting at Riverside Elementary at 3pm.

Mike Walsh

Sep 2, 2018, 4:32:13 PM9/2/18
to Paragliding
Have fun.   Alas, can't make it today.   Can tomorrow