Winter flying?

Korey Curtis

Jan 30, 2018, 6:46:09 PM1/30/18
to CacheRichParagliding
Well, I've accepted a position that will move my family and I to the Cache Valley! I'm excited and bummed all at the same time. I will miss my winter flying at the Point, however will continue to get some flying until I move on the weekends but flying sometimes before and after work will be no longer.

I was just wondering if any accessible ridge or hill soarable sites are available in the winter or no?

I look forward to flying with you all!

Korey

Dustin Hawkes

Jan 31, 2018, 1:19:18 PM1/31/18
to cacherichparagliding
Hi Korey,

We look forward to flying with you.  I don't mean to disappoint, but we don't really have a lot of drive-to-fly sites around here.  Especially in the winter.

However, if you're willing to do some hiking, we still try to get out when the weather is good and the snow isn't too deep.  Here's a little flight from a couple weeks ago were we hiked to the towers above Brigham City and flew around for a bit.
https://youtu.be/aI8aRc37aKQ

Dustin Hawkes

--
Our default radio frequency: 145.555 MHz

Our shared folder (for pictures, etc) is: http://goo.gl/7TA0k2
---

Korey Curtis

Jan 31, 2018, 1:32:14 PM1/31/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dustin,

iCycle, iSwim, iHike, and yes, iFly :-) Picture attached is my last hike on the North side Jan 17th... crazy winter.

I've been hiking the north side to get some action on the light North Side days when it's not 'benchable'. I enjoy the workout and the 'Cherry on the Top' is the flight after!

Your video put a smile on my face and helped calm my fears... Been having FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).

I haven't got my money's worth with my Snowbird season pass but have logged a lot of hours this winter! Been crazy... feels like spring.

I look forward to meeting and flying with you all! Thanks for welcoming me to your 'flock'

Korey

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 4:46 PM, Korey Curtis <korey.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, I've accepted a position that will move my family and I to the Cache Valley! I'm excited and bummed all at the same time. I will miss my winter flying at the Point, however will continue to get some flying until I move on the weekends but flying sometimes before and after work will be no longer.

I was just wondering if any accessible ridge or hill soarable sites are available in the winter or no?

I look forward to flying with you all!

Korey

--
Our default radio frequency: 145.555 MHz

Our shared folder (for pictures, etc) is: http://goo.gl/7TA0k2
---
NorthSideHike.jpg

Jeff Salisbury

Jan 31, 2018, 5:42:15 PM1/31/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Korey,

If you don't want to be this open yet, no problem...  What job is bringing you to Logan?

Jeff
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cacherichparagli...@googlegroups.com.

Korey Curtis

Jan 31, 2018, 10:33:02 PM1/31/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Space Dynamics Laboratory. Any co-workers?

Sent from my iPhone

Jeff Salisbury

Jan 31, 2018, 11:23:24 PM1/31/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
I worked at SDL 1991 thru 1999.

Adam Black

Jan 31, 2018, 11:37:52 PM1/31/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
I’ve applied for summer internships at SDL

Sent from my iPhone