Blacksmith Fork - North Side

1 view

Dustin Hawkes

May 9, 2018, 4:22:38 PM5/9/18
to cacherichparagliding
Anyone interested in trying a little hike a fly over by Blacksmith Fork a little later today?  I'm thinking of heading over that way after work sometime around 4-5.

Dustin Hawkes

Brian Hestetune

May 9, 2018, 6:27:20 PM5/9/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Cant make it today... Let us know how it goes!

--
Our default radio frequency: 145.555 MHz

Our shared folder (for pictures, etc) is: http://goo.gl/7TA0k2
---

Keenan Ryan

May 9, 2018, 7:57:19 PM5/9/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
I just landed.  Dustin and I launched around 5:20.  Got some good lift off launch as we were ridge soaring the bowl there.  The wind was a bit too cross today.  I really think if there was more W in the wind we would have climbed out, no problem.  I decided to take a chance and leave the bowl and go north.  I landed just south of Millville canyon on the road.  I'm excited to give that one another go.  Great site Dustin!

Brian Hestetune

May 9, 2018, 10:01:35 PM5/9/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
I was out fishing and saw you all right before you launched. That site is a bit lower than the one we did last year Dustin?

Dustin Hawkes

May 9, 2018, 11:02:25 PM5/9/18
to cacherichparagliding
Yep, there's a few spots to launch from and on better days, I really want to try some of the lower ones and then benching up.  It's a super simple hike to the lower launches on that ridge.

My flight was only about 16 minutes, but it was fun to use the gimbal on the helmet cam and it turned out really smooth.  Looking forward to bigger and better flights soon.

Dustin Hawkes