[CacheRichParagliding] Land-Owner Gifts Delivered

1 view

Jeff Salisbury

Mar 30, 2018, 12:06:09 AM3/30/18
to Paragliding
Hey all,

On Saturday (3/24/2018) I (finally) delivered our group's gifts to
land-owners Cody & Shiloh Reese, Lane & Angie Jensen, Terry Lamb, Cleve
& Sue Steed, and Paul & Kim Willie. The gift baskets were from Great
Harvest, but then loaded up with additional goodies from the fabulous
Island Market (thanks Todd Sherman!): locally made cheese, honey, soap,
lotion, plus some Cal Ranch gift cards, plus our 2018 Short Divide Calendar.

Each basket had a thank-you card. Everyone's name who contributed this
year was listed in the card (alphabetically). When we delivered the
gifts, I emphasized that the gifts are from our entire group.

First, I stopped in Tremonton and delivered a basket to Cody & Shiloh
Reese (part owners of Lamb's Launch). They were very warm and friendly
and said (like last year) that we really don't need to give them gifts.
They mentioned that they're hoping to fully buy out Terry Lamb of his
remainder share this coming year. They reiterated how happy they are to
let us fly from and over their property. They said they expect to be up
on their property much more this coming year and they hope to run into
us more.

Next, I stopped at Lane & Angie Jensen's (owners of our North launch at
Little Mountain). Our relationship with the Jensens is newer and not as
developed as with our other land-owner patrons. Lane wasn't at home and
I spoke briefly with Angie. I left Angie with a calendar. I'll be
following up with Lane to ask permission to fly their property again
this year.

Next, I stopped at Terry Lamb's. He greeted me warmly and went right
for the calendar. I told him how much we appreciate his willingness to
give us access to his property. I also asked him if we've been good
guests and if there is anything we need to do differently. He was
emphatic that we've been wonderful guests, and he said he sometimes
drives to the outskirts of Plymouth to watch us. I invited him to drive
closer and join us at either the launch or landing. He was delighted,
but protested that we'll never be able to convince him to fly!

Next, I stopped at Cleve & Sue Steed's home. The visit was very
similar. They were both warm, gracious and very appreciative of the
gift. They also said that we've been good guests, and indicated we are
welcome to continue using their land.

Finally, I stopped at the Willies in Mendon (they own the land we need
to access the Brigham City Towers launch). Paul wasn't at home, but Kim
was warm, gracious, and very appreciative of the gift.

My friends, we're so lucky! We have these amazing sites on private
property that are great to fly, AND we have all these fantastic land
owners who are so incredibly generous. We're pretty fortunate!

A big kudos to Dustin Hawkes and Josh Heater for putting the 2018
calendar together, and kudos to all who submitted photos! Also, another
big kudos to Keenan -- the calendars were his brainchild a few years
ago. The calendars really resonate with our hosts. They see their
property and our pilots and wings in the air over their land. It's flat
out cool!

Kudos to you, our group! Let's continue to safe-guard the privilege we
have to use their land. We should never take for granted the privilege
of using their beautiful land. They don't owe it to anybody to open
their gates, let us drive on their property, and launch and land. If
we're not good guests, it could end in a heart beat.

Hopefully it won't be long before we're getting lots of flyable days.

Jeff

Doug Carlson

Mar 30, 2018, 12:14:51 AM3/30/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Kudos to you, Jeff, for taking the time and effort to cultivate these essential relationships! What a great group of people you guys are up in Cache! Thanks for letting me fly with you guys!

Sent from my iPhone
> --
> Our default radio frequency: 145.555 MHz
>
> Our shared folder (for pictures, etc) is: http://goo.gl/7TA0k2

Nick Bouwes

Mar 30, 2018, 12:30:23 AM3/30/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com

You da man- the paragliders ambassador.

Nick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Dustin Hawkes

Mar 30, 2018, 12:47:04 AM3/30/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate everyone I've had the pleasure of flying with over the years. It's great to be a part of this group. Great people with the same great passion. I'm looking forward to this year of adventure.

Thanks for keeping the relationships strong with the land owners Jeff.

shari hooper

Mar 30, 2018, 6:42:08 AM3/30/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Wow thanks Jeff for all, we contribute but we forget how much work you actually put into that

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Mar 30, 2018, 1:03:35 PM3/30/18
to Paragliding
Jeff, thank you so much for doing this!

Mike

Jeff

--
Our default radio frequency: 145.555 MHz

Our shared folder (for pictures, etc) is: http://goo.gl/7TA0k2

Adam Black

Mar 30, 2018, 1:16:13 PM3/30/18
to cacherichp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your time and effort Jeff!   Thanks to Dustin and Josh for the Calendar, and thanks to everyone who contributed.