Air Conditioning

Stephen Brady

Jul 9, 2020, 7:28:07 AM7/9/20
to caborico
Where installed and what size Air Conditioner on a CR38? Thinking of a Webasto FCF1200 ac installed in the Salon cabinet across from the Head door. Who has what?

Stephen
CR 38 #67
S/V New Wind

N C

Jul 9, 2020, 8:31:10 AM7/9/20
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Stephen,
I replaced my Dometic 1200 with their ECD 1600 A/C unit. Being down in Florida I found that the 1200 wasn't quite enough to cool down the interior as much as I would like. Mine is installed in the lowboy cabinet in the salon across from the head door. I had to sand down some of the interior of the cabinet, as it was a tight fit. Part of the unit extends forward into the hanging closet in the forward cabin. The 1600 has reverse cycle heat which has come in handy. So far it has worked out real well for me.

Nick,
CR 38 #190
”Ronin"
Sent from my iPad

On Jul 9, 2020, at 7:28 AM, Stephen Brady <stpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Where installed and what size Air Conditioner on a CR38? Thinking of a Webasto FCF1200 ac installed in the Salon cabinet across from the Head door. Who has what?

Stephen
CR 38 #67
S/V New Wind

Stephen Brady

Jul 10, 2020, 9:06:15 AM7/10/20
to caborico
Thanks for the response, I assume one outlet is on the settee side of the "Lowboy cabinet" how is it run to the v-berth and where is the return air grill?

Stephen Brady
S/V New Wind
'83 CR 38

N C

Jul 10, 2020, 10:16:49 AM7/10/20
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Stephen,
I had my unit factory installed, there is an outlet above the lowboy in the cabinetry. There is a Y joint from there that supplies the duct work going to the forward cabin. I have the XL layout so there is a hanging locker in the forward cabin where the outlet is situated. That duct is only a few feet forward of the A/C unit. The lowboy has a slatted door and the return air grill on the unit is situated just inside of the door.
I hope that helps. I may be able to get down to the boat during the later part of next week, I’ll take some pictures if you like .
Cheers,
Nick

On Jul 10, 2020, at 9:06 AM, Stephen Brady <stpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the response, I assume one outlet is on the settee side of the "Lowboy cabinet" how is it run to the v-berth and where is the return air grill?

Stephen Brady

Jul 14, 2020, 10:49:48 AM7/14/20
to caborico
Great info, no pics necessary, Thanks.  Where is the thru hull and valve for the pump located?

Joe Corrigan

Jul 18, 2020, 2:34:00 PM7/18/20
to caborico
I have the exact AC unit but mine is under the seat of the dinette.  The vents come up in the corner.  I am going to run a small one up into the V Birth.

S/V Watauga

Jan 27, 2021, 6:29:13 PM1/27/21
to caborico
Looking to do something similar.  I would appreciate any photos.  My Dometic guy is perplexed on how to do this in such a tight space.

N C

Jan 27, 2021, 8:43:43 PM1/27/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
The top of my lowboy comes off which made the installation quite a bit easier. I won’t be back to my boat for a few days, possibly a week. I’ll gladly send photos then.

On Jan 27, 2021, at 6:29 PM, S/V Watauga <rro...@cox.net> wrote:

Looking to do something similar.  I would appreciate any photos.  My Dometic guy is perplexed on how to do this in such a tight space.

Richard Roten

Jan 27, 2021, 9:16:50 PM1/27/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Great thanks

S/F, Dick

On Jan 27, 2021, at 20:43, N C <cr3...@msn.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "caborico" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/caborico/BN6PR13MB3203B703A74939CE47F15963D2BA9%40BN6PR13MB3203.namprd13.prod.outlook.com.

N C

Feb 3, 2021, 9:04:13 AM2/3/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 27, 2021, at 9:16 PM, Richard Roten <dick...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Great thanks

N C

Feb 3, 2021, 9:04:33 AM2/3/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 27, 2021, at 9:16 PM, Richard Roten <dick...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Great thanks

N C

Feb 3, 2021, 9:05:15 AM2/3/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 27, 2021, at 9:16 PM, Richard Roten <dick...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Great thanks

N C

Feb 3, 2021, 9:05:55 AM2/3/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 27, 2021, at 9:16 PM, Richard Roten <dick...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Great thanks

Richard Roten

Feb 3, 2021, 12:42:57 PM2/3/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Great photos.  Thanks very much.  What size unit is this?  12000 or 16000 BTU?

On Feb 3, 2021, at 09:04, N C <cr3...@msn.com> wrote:

<image0.jpeg><image1.jpeg>

N C

Feb 3, 2021, 1:39:27 PM2/3/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
It’s a 1600 and a very tight fit.

On Feb 3, 2021, at 12:43 PM, Richard Roten <dick...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Great photos.  Thanks very much.  What size unit is this?  12000 or 16000 BTU?

Reg & Craig

Mar 28, 2021, 11:27:04 PM3/28/21
to caborico
Our 1650 mermaid is installed in the locker next to the nav station.