Hydrovane Installation

nichola...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2021, 1:48:32 PM4/16/21
to caborico
I am getting ready to mount a Hydrovane on my CR 34. Any advice from those who have gone before would be much appreciated.

Thierry Danz

Apr 16, 2021, 2:15:43 PM4/16/21
to Cabo Rico Group
I have a Hydrovane on my CR42. Before that I had a Tartan 34C and in between a CR38. All three boats had Hydrovanes. I did the installation myself (without assistance) on both the T34 and the CR42. Took maybe one afternoon. It's  likely the easiest windvane installation. The teak or synthetic pads can be  shaped by taping coarse sandpaper to the transom and sanding the pads into the shape of the curvature of the transom. Make sure to overdrill the holes and ream out any core and fill with epoxy before drilling the bolt holes. (I had my CR42 built without core in the transom for that reason.)

Thierry Danz
CR42 CURLEW
Philadelphia,  PA