Cabo Rico list

Thierry Danz

Apr 16, 2022, 11:52:38 AMApr 16
to Cabo Rico Group
For those who are not on Facebook: Here is an updated Cabo Rico list that you can view in Google Docs:

Thierry Danz
CR42#12  CURLEW
Baltimore, MD

LARRY BARKER

Apr 17, 2022, 2:58:24 PMApr 17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Thierry,

Very nice job on the Cabo Rico listing.
Thx
Larry

Sent from my iPhone

Thierry Danz

Apr 17, 2022, 4:42:49 PMApr 17
to Cabo Rico Group
Hi Larry,

The true credit should go to Thomas Phillips on Facebook who compiled the initial listing from info that the owner of the Cabo Rico Facebook group had published earlier, and possibly from other sources. I then added the data that I had gathered since we started the initial Cabo Rico group on Sailnet in the late 1990s and that I had kept updated since, as best as I could, from different sources (mostly Yachtworld). I was always hesitant to publish my list as it contained peoples names and email addresses and I did not want to make these public on a different platform without their express permission. That is why I haven't added names and email addresses on this list, unless it was requested by those owners.  We have had previous attempts to compile Cabo Rico listings (remember the CROA book?) but they never were maintained. I'll try to keep this list updated, but am dependent on current owners to do so. I know that some information is outdated, but it is the best we have. Say hi to Darlene.

Thierry

LARRY BARKER

Apr 17, 2022, 5:18:48 PMApr 17
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Thierry,
I do remember the CROA book. Some hesitated to list names and so on for that project.  ( that was a day or two ago).
I will pass your hellos to Darlene

All my best and Happy Easter.
Larry

Sent from my iPhone

Tom Boyce

Apr 19, 2022, 5:02:30 PMApr 19
to caborico
To update list as I am not on Facebook:

2005 Cabo Rico Pilothouse 42  PH3  ex-H2O / ex-Shearwater II / is now Willow and in Ft. Lauderdale for the time being, hailing port Miami.

Willow has undergone a complete standing and running rigging replacement by East Coast Marine Rigging of Tracy Landing replacement including with two new Harken Ocean furlers foresails.

 New 8612XSV Garmin electronics -Fantom 24 doppler radar and complete autopilot replacement as well as a second Furuno autopilot installed.

Complete Victron Lithium system with new 4 x  330A 12V batteries, Mult-Plus Charger/Inverter , MMPT solar controllers, DC-DC chargers, battery management system, Cebo-GX, etc. completed by Maz Ocean in Ft.

The project was created to mount a DeepStream Marine modular anodized aluminum Solar Bimini with integral dinghy davits and side curtains to hold four 440W removable Aptos DNA44 solar panels.

The air conditioning was replaced with Mabru 17K and 7K systems, and refrigeration systems with Isotherm 2507 water cooled Magnum systems.

The SS Bomar Deck Hatches are in the process of being also replaced.

Final items: replacing the watermaker, cutlass bearing, and bottom paint will be taking place soon.

Respectfully, Tom Boyce

Matthew Cohen

Apr 19, 2022, 5:41:37 PMApr 19
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Those sound like awesome updates Tom. Can’t wait to see the Bimini davit and solar package.
Matt

On Apr 19, 2022, at 5:02 PM, Tom Boyce <tomboy...@gmail.com> wrote:

To update list as I am not on Facebook:

Thierry Danz

Apr 20, 2022, 9:25:08 AMApr 20
to Cabo Rico Group
Hi Tom,

Congratulations! I saw her as Shearwater in Camden, Maine several years ago. I believe she had just returned from an Atlantic circuit.
Do you want me to include your name and email address on the Cabo Rico list?

Thierry Danz
CR42#12 CURLEW
Baltimore, MD