C/R 38 Beige non-skid gel coat repair ?

GARBOARD

Jun 28, 2024, 2:07:21 PMJun 28
to caborico
Has anyone found a source to buy a small quantity of beige tinted gel coat that matches for small touch up areas on the non skid decks of a 1991 C/R 38 ?  I've not had much luck trying to match it.  I just need a couple ounces of the liquid type with wax.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank You,
Brian Gortney
1991 C/R 38 #150

DAVID CAMERON

Jul 2, 2024, 8:11:54 AM (14 days ago) Jul 2
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Went thru this gave up . Got very close by starting with white then little brown doesn’t take much.
Good luck
Sent from my iPad

LARRY BARKER

Jul 2, 2024, 8:11:54 AM (14 days ago) Jul 2
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2024, at 2:07 PM, GARBOARD <go...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Brian,
I am sure the color has faded over the years.  I also understand not wanting to buy a quart or better.
You might have luck contacting a supplier of automotive paint and supplies.
I have used a gel coat repair kit from marine store.
Or
Contact a fiberglass repair guy who is good at color matching.

My 2 cents.
Larry

ldcb...@aol.com

Jul 2, 2024, 8:11:54 AM (14 days ago) Jul 2
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Inline image
Used this once or twice. I am not the best at color matching but it worked.  Many of these systems/products around.
Larry
Sent from my iPhone