Bike History & Health Related Video

John Cinatl

May 5, 2024, 2:11:52 PMMay 5
to CABO Forum
Greeting All

For the last several years I've been regularly attending a Central California Coast bike tourism related group knows as Cycle California Coast. It was started by Steve Bennett who was then one of our county supervisor but who now is a state assembly member. His wife is one of our past-president of our Channel Islands Bike Club.

Meeting are held quarterly and are designed to promote cycling by coordinating he area's bike tourism advertising efforts (Ventura, Santa Barbara & San Luis Obispo Tourism Bureaus) along with info regarding newly completed bike facilities and/or newly planned facilities - as such folks from Caltrans and county/city Public Works Departments frequently attend.

Occasionally we get an unusual bike related presentation - as such at last week's   meeting we had a presentation by the Ventura County's Public Health Director Dr Robert Levin regarding the health benefits of cycling along with some interesting historical bike stuff.

Attached is his PowerPoint presentation (34 slides) that I think you will find of interest.

John
Caltrans - Retired D6 Bike/Ped Coordinator
Port Hueneme

Dr. Levin Presentation Bicycling and Health PPT.pptx

Pete van Nuys

May 6, 2024, 11:15:34 AMMay 6
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Amusing PPt full of factoids. May provoke some discussions...