Ohio Multimodal Design Guide

John Cinatl

Jun 17, 2022, 4:37:24 PM6/17/22
to CABO Forum
Greeting All

Ohio DOT, in conjunction with the Toole Design folks,  have just published their Multi-Modal Design Guide.

I've just skimmed over it but so far I like what I've seen - not surprising since the Toole group is nationally know for their excellent bike and ped guides.

John

John Cinatl

Aug 1, 2022, 9:03:26 PM8/1/22
to CABO Forum
Greeting All

A former bike colleague from our former CBAC group (you probably know her) is now working with this group in regard to sustainable communities and transportation. She asked me to pass this info along to my network which I am glad to do.

So if you have an interest in this topic please join in .....................  better yet drop her a line and say hi.

Thanks

John Cinatl, MCRP
Retired Caltrans Bike/Ped Coordinator

 Would you mind letting your network know about World Transport Policy and Practice?
Specifically:

  •  that the latest issue (May 2022)  is now available for free download, and

  •  that we are seeking articles for the next issues. A call for papers is  contained in the May issue and there is a link below.
Below is the announcement I sent and more information about WTPP:

Dear friends and colleagues,

Transportation Choices for Sustainable Communities is pleased to announce that the first issue of the relaunch of World Transport Policy and Practice is now available for download here.

www.Worldtransportjournal.org/journal

Please distribute to your professional network. We soon hope to add the capability to read it digitally online.

We invite you to please keep WTPP in mind for future articles that you may wish to publish that fit the editorial theme of the journal. See the two articles in the May issue that describe potential themes and research topics. Please submit draft articles by June 30 for consideration for the next issue; more information on how to submit an article can be found at https://www.worldtransportjournal.org/submitarticle

Poetry and cartoons are welcome also.

Please subscribe to receive occasional notices as to when new issues are available. https://www.worldtransportjournal.org

We are also accepting donations and sponsors to finance the publication of this journal so we can resume the former quarterly publication schedule in 2023. If you wish to make a tax deductible to support this effort, you may do so here:  https://www.worldtransportjournal.org/donate

ABOUT World Transport Policy and Practice

World Transport Policy & Practice was published between 1995 and 2020 by John Whitelegg in England. It was a quarterly journal which provided a high quality medium for original and creative work in world transport. Since May 2022, it is being published by Transportation Choices for Sustainable Communities (transportchoice.org). Journal articles describe how the results of specific policies and practices can be applied to improve quality of life, equity, social justice, and moreover the harm caused by motorized traffic worldwide, both directly due to death and injuries on the roads but also the deaths attributable to outdoor air pollution, much of which is from traffic emissions. To help it to reach a wide readership, encompassing advocates and activists as well as academics and advisers, WTPP is available free of charge as PDF files on the internet. See our website  at worldtransportjournal.org. Some past issues can be downloaded here and at the links below and a permanent home for the full archive is being sought.

 https://web.archive.org/web/20160314152715/http://worldtransportjournal.com/

 http://www.eco-logica.co.uk/worldtransport.html

https://trid.trb.org/results.aspx?q=&serial=%22World%20Transport%20Policy%20%20%20Practice%22#/View/1635862

Michelle

Michelle DeRobertis, PhD, P.E.
Transportation Engineering/Planning Consultant, Oakland, CA
Editor, World Transport Policy and Practice
landline: 510-482-9010