PLA Prior Learning Assessment

Hector Varela

Sep 25, 2011, 12:37:34 AM9/25/11
to CAADE Discussion Board
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody had attempted to receive credit from any of
the private universities such University of Phoenix,Argosy and
National University for being a CATC.The 2240 hours of clinical
supervision and the 600 hours of course work should mean something. I
know CSUF gives credit.

Dennis Wade

Sep 25, 2011, 10:06:40 AM9/25/11
to CAADE Discussion Board
Greetings,

All CAADE accredited programs are also accreditied by one of the six
regional higher education accrediting agencies in the US. As such, all
private universities, as well as public, would accept course work.
That beinfg said, the course work may not be enough for what a private
university needs for a student to fullfil the academic program
requirements.

Your best bet is to see an academic counselor at a private school and
get the accetance requirements, as well as what will be accepted and
what will not, in writing before you apply.

Dennis Wade
CAADE Board Member

dvw...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2011, 10:23:46 AM9/25/11
to Dennis Wade, ca...@googlegroups.com
Yes, and acceptance of continuing education or unaccredited education is sometimes possible and varies from school to school. It is best both to ask and to receive a response in writing.