CATC Gregory Callow's passing

Message has been deleted

Dennis Wade

May 1, 2011, 7:23:21 PM5/1/11
to CAADE Discussion Board
On behalf of our Executive Director, Dr. Lori Phelps, who received the
following message earlier today:

I have some terrible news about a coworker, a friend and fellow CATC/
CAADE member. Mr. Gregory Callow CATC # 071376 recently lost has
battle with cancer and passed away a few weeks ago. You should all
know that he changed thousands of lives over the years as a
professional counselor and strong advocate for treatment and 12-step
principles and as a friend to so many. I worked very close with Greg
at Aurora Behavioral Health Care, Charter Oak Hospital in Covina, CA.
He was very much loved and well respected. He struggled with cancer
even after his diagnosis and treatment to arrive at work to facilitate
groups, to stay strong, to help others. He literally worked to help
others until he could not physically do it any longer. He will be
dearly missed.

Feel free to call me with any questions, George Duarte (909) 240-4431

Dennis Wade

May 2, 2011, 2:52:25 PM5/2/11
to CAADE Discussion Board
Hi Lori,
Additional information on Greg Callow, his funeral service was Tuesday
March 29 at CCV (Christ Church of the Valley) in Covina. Several
hundred attended including family, friends, coworkers and 12-step
family. His nick name was "BIG BOOK GREG" because he could literally
quote the first 164 pages, word for word. We would test him by reading
a passage from any random page of the Big Book of AA and do so with an
omission or mistake. He would catch us every time, correct the error
and finish the paragraph verbatim. He was a relentlessly hard worker
on the job and on the tennis court. He was an incredible athlete and
loved tennis. He recently reunited with and married his ex-wife. Mr..
Greg Callow was survived by his wife Wanda and two sons (I don't know
their names) other family I am not aware of. Hope this helps. Thank
you for helping get my certification date changed to Jan 10, 2014 and
sending my updated certificate. George Duarte (909)240-4431