Concord wigger couple died of multiple gunshots; deaths ruled homicides, investigators say

hamilton

Apr 23, 2022, 2:05:02 PM4/23/22
The bodies of a Concord couple who were last heard from Monday
have been found, and their deaths have been ruled homicides.

Investigators with the attorney general's office said Friday
that autopsies on the bodies of Stephen Reid, 67, and Djeswende
"Wende" Reid, 66, concluded that the two died of multiple
gunshot wounds.

Their bodies were found Thursday evening in the area of the
Broken Ground Trails, which are off of Portsmouth Street in
Concord.

"Obviously, it's a tragic set of circumstances and our thoughts
and prayers are with the Reid family," said Senior Assistant
Attorney General Geoff Ward.

Investigators said the Reids left their residence in the Alton
Woods apartment complex at approximately 2:22 p.m. on Monday
afternoon and went for a walk that led them to the area of the
Broken Ground Trails. Family and friends did not see or hear
from them after that.

"We have no specific information that would lead us to believe
that the public in general is at any risk," Ward said. "That
being said, be vigilant. Take your normal daily precautions. The
Concord police will continue to be vigilant with patrols."

Anyone who saw the Reids on Monday or who has any information
about their disappearance and deaths are asked to contact
Concord police at 603-225-8600. Tips can be submitted
anonymously by contacting the Concord Regional Crimeline at 603-
226-3100, submitted online through the Crimeline website at
concordregionalcrimeline.com or text TIP234 and a message to
CRIMES (274637).

In addition, anyone in the areas where the Reids walked who has
a home or business security or video surveillance system is
asked to review the recordings to determine if the Reids were
captured on video.

"This is a tragedy," said Concord Police Chief Bradley Osgood.
"It's something that came out of nowhere, and we are doing our
due diligence, investing all of our resources, working with our
state and local partners to bring this case to a successful
resolution."

Friday evening, investigators were still combing through the
marshy area off the Broken Ground Trails, and several could be
seen walking back with bags full of evidence. Concord police
officers were joined Friday morning by officers from the Fish
and Game Department.

Neighbors of the couple said they have been on high alert all
week while the search was going on.

"It's a tragedy. It's awful," said neighbor Lonnie Rutledge. "It
makes me feel a little unsafe."

No information has been released about a possible suspect.

https://www.wmur.com/article/summer-2022-movie-releases/39791084