State Roads

Glenn Mandelkern

Dec 18, 1992, 3:23:56 PM12/18/92

Does anyone know where I could get a listing of the different
California State Roads along with their start and endpoints
(e.g., State Road 1, State Road 2, etc.)

I am just curious as to how many roads are out there and where
they all go. I try to stay away from interstates whenever possible
such as when going from San Jose to L.A. by using these roads:
U.S. 101,
State Road 25,
State Road 198,
State Road 33,
State Road 1

as opposed to using 5 or 101 all the way.

Thanks in advance!

Richard Childers

Dec 27, 1992, 2:09:18 PM12/27/92
man...@dms.agames.com (Glenn Mandelkern) writes:

It would be nice if they were in a computer-readable form, too, so that
folks could write software to attempt to select optimal or scenic routes.

-- richard

--
=====
-- richard childers rchi...@us.oracle.com 1 415 506 2411

Daniel P. Faigin

Dec 31, 1992, 4:15:14 AM12/31/92
On Fri, 18 Dec 1992 20:23:56 GMT, man...@dms.agames.com (Glenn Mandelkern)
said:

> Does anyone know where I could get a listing of the different
> California State Roads along with their start and endpoints
> (e.g., State Road 1, State Road 2, etc.)

State Highway Legislative Routes (descriptions abridged; note that many of
these designations are unsigned and/or unconstructed)

1 (a) from Rte 5 s. of San Juan Capistrano to Rte 101 nr. El Rio
(b) from Rte 101 at Emma Wood State park, 1.3 mi n. of Rte 33, to Rte 101,
2.8 mi s. of the Ventura-Santa Barbara County line at Mobil Pier
Undercrossing
(c) from Rte 101 nr. Las Curces to Rte 101 nr Pismo Beach via the vicinity
of Lompoc and Guadalupe.
(d) from Rte 101 nr San Luis Obispo to Rte 280 s. of San Francisco along
the coast via Cambria, San Simeon, and Santa Cruz
(e) from Rte 280 nr. the s. boundary of the City and County of San
Francisco to Rte 480 in San Francisco
(f) from Rte 101 nr the southerly end of Marin peninsula to Rte 101 near
Leggett via the coast route through Jenner and Westport
2 (a) from Rte 1 near Santa Monica to Rte 101
(b) from Rte 101 to Rte 138 via Glendale and Wrightwood
3 (a) from Rte 36 near Peanut to Rte 299 near Douglas City
(b) from Rte 299 near Weaverville to Montague via Main Street in Yreka
4 (a) from Rte 80 near Hercules to Rte 99 near Stockton via n. of Concord and
via Antioch.
(b) from Rte 99 near Stockton to Rte 49 near Altaville via the vicinity of
Copperopolis.
(c) from Rte 49 near Angles Camp to Rte 89 via Murphys, Calaveras Big Trees
and Dorrington.
5 from the international boundary near Tijuana to the Oregon state line,
via National City, San Diego, Los Angeles, the westerly side of the San
Jaoguin Valley, Sacramento, and Yreka; also passing near Santa Ana,
Glendale, Woodland, and Red Bluff.
6 from Rte 395 near Bishop to the Nevada state line near Montgomery Pass
7 (previous number of Rte 710; not currently in use)
8 (a) from Sunset Cliffs Blvd to Rte 5 in San Diego
(b) from Rte 5 in San Diego to Yuma via El Centro
9 from Rte 1 near Santa Cruz to Rte 17 near Los Gatos via Waterman Gap
and Saratoga Gap and along the ridge between the San Lorenzo and
Pescadero Creeks
10 (a) from Rte 1 in Santa Monica to Rte 5 near 7th St. in Los Angeles
(b) from Rte 101 near Mission Rd. in Los Angeles to the Arizona state line
at the Colorado River via the vicinity of Monterey Park, Pomona,
Colton, Indio, and Chiriaco Summit, and via Blythe.
11 (previous number of Rte 110; not currently in use)
12 (a) from Rte 1 near Valley Ford to Rte 121 near Sonoma via Santa Rosa
(b) from Rte 29 in the vicinity of Napa to Rte 80 near Cordelia
(c) from Rte 80 near Fairfield to Rte 99 near Lodi via Rio Vista.
(d) from Rte 99 near Lodi to Rte 88 near Lockeford.
(e) from Rte 88 near Clements to Rte 49 near San Andreas
13 from Rte 61 near the Oakland International Airport to Rte 61 near
Emeryville via the vicinity of Lake Temescal.
14 (a) from Rte 1 n of the intersection of Sunset Blvd NW of Santa Monica to
Rte 5 near Tunnel Station [note: this is on the books as a freeway that
once was to be built, but never was. This portion was never signed, but
is why the milage doesn't go to zero when the (b) portion ends --
DPF]
(b) from Rte 5 at Los Angeles near Tunnel Station to Rte 58.
(c) from Rte 58 to Rte 395 near Little Lake via the vicinity of Antelope
Valley.
15 (a) from Rte 5 in San Diego to Rte 8
(b) from Rte 8 to the Nevada state line near Calada via the vicinity of
Temecula, Corona, and Barstow.
16 (a) from Rte 20 to Rte 5 near Woodland via Rumsey and Woodland.
(b) from Rte 50 near Perkins to Rte 49 near Drytown.
17 from Rte 1 near Santa Cruz to Rte 280 in San Jose
18 (a) from Rte 10 near San Bernadino to Rte 15 via San Bernadino, Big Bear
Lake, and Victorville.
(b) from Rte 15 to Rte 138.
19 from Rte 1 near Long Beach to Rte 164 near Pico Rivera
20 (a) from Rte 1 near Fort Bragg to Rte 101 at Willits
(b) from Rte 101 to Rte 80 near Emigrant Gap via Williams and Colusa
21 (not listed; I don't know what used to have this number)
22 (a) from Rte 1 nr. Long Beach to Rte 405
(b) from Rte 405 to Rte 55 near Orange
23 (a) from Rte 1 near Aliso Canyon to Rte 101
(b) from Rte 101 in Thousand Oaks to Rte 118
(c) from Rte 118 to Rte 126 near Fillmore.
24 (a) from Rte 580 in Oakland to Rte 680 in Walnut Creek
(b) from Rte 680 near Walnut Creek to Rte 4 near Pittsburg
25 (a) from Rte 198 to Rte 156 in Hollister
(b) from Rte 156 in Hollister to Rte 101 near Gilroy
26 (a) from Rte 4 to Rte 99 near Stockton
(b) from Rte 99 near Stockton to Rte 12
(c) from Rte 12 to Rte 88 near Pioneer Station via Mokelumme Hill, and West
Point.
27 from Rte 1 near Topanga Beach to Rte 118
28 from Rte 89 at Tahoe City along the northern boundary of Lake Tahoe to
the Nevada state line at Crystal Bay.
29 from Rte 80 near Vallejo to Rte 20 near Upper Lake via the vicinity of
Napa, Callistoga, Lower Lake, passing south of Kelseyville and via
Lakeport.
30 from Rte 210 near San Dimas to Rte 10 in Redlands via the vicinity of
Highland.
31 (not listed; I don't know what used to have this number)
32 (a) from Rte 5 near Orland to Rte 99 near Chico
(b) from Rte 99 near Chico to Rte 36.
33 (a) from Rte 101 near Ventura to Rte 150
(b) from Rte 150 to Rte 5 near Oilfields via the vicinity of Cuyama Valley,
Maricopa, and Coalinga.
(c) from Rte 5 to Rte 152 via the vicinity of Mendota
(d) from Rte 152 w. of Los Banos to Rte 5 near Santa Nella
(e) from Rte 5 near Santa Nella to Rte 140
(f) from Rte 140 to Rte 5 near Vernalis
34 from Rte 1 between Point Mugu and the City of Oxnard to Rte 118 near
Somis.
35 (a) from Rte 17 to Rte 92 via Skyline Blvd
(b) from Rte 92 to Rte 280 at Bunker Hill Drive
(c) from Rte 280 via Skyline Blvd to Rte 1 in San Francisco
36 (a) from Rte 101 near Alton to Rte 5 near Red Bluff passing near Forest
Glen and Peanut.
(b) from Rte 5 at Red Bluff to Rte 395 via Mineral, via the vicinity of
Morgan Summit and via Susanville.
(c) from Rte 139 n. of Susanville to Rte 395 near Termo.
37 (a) from Rte 251 near Nicasio to Rte 101 near Novato
(b) from Rte 101 near Novato to Rte 80 near Lake Chabot via the vicinity
of Sears Point and via the former Sears Point Toll Road.
38 (a) from Rte 10 near Redlands to Rte 18 near Baldwin Lake via Barton Flats.
(b) from Rte 18 near Baldwin Lake along the north side of Big Bear Lake to
Rte 18 near the west end of Big Bear Lake.
39 (a) from Rte 1 near Huntington Beach to Rte 72 in La Habra via Beach Blvd.
(b) from Beach Blvd to Harbor Blvd in La Habra via Whittier Blvd
(c) from Whittier Blvd in La Habra to Rte 2 [unsigned from Whittier Blvd
to Rte 10]
40 from Rte 15 at Barstow to the Arizona state line near Topock Arizona
via Needles.
41 (a) from Rte 1 near Morro Bay to Rte 46
(b) from Rte 46 to Rte 99 near Fresno
(c) from Rte 99 near Fresno to Rte 180
(d) from Rte 180 to Yosemite Natl Park
42 (not on the list, but from Rte 1 to Rte 605 along Manchester Blvd and
Firestone Blvd passing through Westchester, Inglewood, South Gate, and
Downey)
43 from Rte 119 to Rte 99 near Selma via the vicinity of Wasco
44 (a) from Rte 5 at Redding to Lassen Volcanic Natl Park
(b) from Lassen Volcanic Natl Park to Rte 36 w. of Susanville
45 (a) from Rte 113 near Knights Landing to Rte 20 near Sycamore
(b) from Rte 20 near Colusa to Rte 32 near Hamilton City
46 (a) from Rte 1 near Cambria to Rte 101 near Paso Robles
(b) from Rte 101 in San Luis Obispo County to Rte 99 near Famoso via
Cholame Pass.
47 from Rte 110 in San Pedro to Rte 10 via the Vincent Thomas Bridge [the
portion from Rte 1 to Rte 10 is unsigned and unconstructed]
48 from Rte 138 e. of Gorman to Rte 122 near the San Bernadino County
Line.
49 (a) from Rte 41 near Oakhurst to Rte 140 at Mariposa
(b) from Rte 140 at Mariposa to Rte 120 near Moccasin
(c) from Rte 120 near Chinese Camp to Rte 80 near Auburn, via the vicinity
of Sonora; via Angeles Camp, San Andreas and Jackson; and via the
vicinity of El Dorado, Diamond Springs, and Placerville
(d) from Rte 80 near Auburn to Rte 20 in Grass Valley
(e) from Rte 20 at Nevada City to Rte 89 near Sattley via Downieville
(f) from Rte 89 near Sierraville to Rte 70 near Vinton, via Loyalton
50 from Rte 80 w. of Sacramento to the Nevada state line near Lake Tahoe
via Placerville
51 from Rte 50 in Sacramento to Rte 80 e. of Sacramento
52 from Rte 5 e. of La Jolla to Rte 67 near Santee
53 from Rte 29 to Rte 20 via Lower Lake
54 from Rte 5 near Sweetwater River to Rte 8 near El Cajon
55 from Newport Beach to Rte 91 in Santa Ana Canyon
56 from Rte 5 n. of La Jolla to Rte 67
57 (a) from Rte 1 near Huntington Beach to Rte 22 near Santa Ana
(b) from Rte 5 near Santa Ana to Rte 60 near Industry
(c) from Rte 60 near Industry to Rte 210 near Rte 10 and Pomona
58 (a) from Rte 101 near Santa Margarita to Rte 33
(b) from Rte 33 to Rte 43
(c) from Rte 43 to Rte 99
(d) from Rte 99 to Rte 15 near Barstow via Bakersfield and Mojave
59 (a) from Rte 152 northerly to Rte 99 near Merced
(b) from Rte 99 near Merced to Snelling
60 (a) from Rte 10 near the Los Angeles River in Los Angeles to Rte 215 via
Pomona and Riverside
(b) from Rte 215 in Riverside to Rte 10 near Beaumont
61 from Rte 84 near Newark to Rte 580 near Albany via the vicinity of San
Leandro and Oakland International Airport and via Alameda.
62 from Rte 10 near Whitewater to the Arizona state line near Earp via
Morongo Valley, the vicinity of Yucca Valley, Twentynine Palms, Rice,
and Vidal Junction.
63 (a) from Rte 137 near Tulare to Rte 198
(b) from Rte 198 to Rte 180 via the vicinity of Orosi and Orange Cove
64 from Rte 1 near Malibu Beach to Rte 5 s. of San Fernando [This route
isn't signed. It was assigned to what would have been the Whitnall
Freeway, which left Rte 5 near Roscoe/Chase, continued across the San
Fernando Valley, and then crossed the Malibu hills approx. across
Malibu Canyon (Las Virgenes) Road--DPF]
65 (a) from Rte 99 near Bakersfield to Rte 198 near Exeter
(b) from Rte 198 near Exeter to Rte 80 near Roseville on a route along the
easterly side of the San Joaquin Valley
(c) from Rte 80 near Roseville to Rte 80 near Marysville
(d) from Rte 70 near Marysville to Rte 99 in or near Yuba City
66 from Rte 30 near San Dimas to San Bernandino
67 from Rte 8 near El Cajon to Rte 78 near Ramona
68 (a) from Asilomar Beach State Park to Rte 1
(b) from Monterey to Rte 101 near Salinas
69 (not on map; no route given)
70 from Rte 99 near Catlett Rd to Rte 395 near Hallelujah Junction via
Quincy and Beckwourth Pass
71 from Rte 210 to Rte 91 via Pomona
72 from Rte 39 to Atlantic Blvd near the City of Los Angeles [Whittier
Blvd.]
73 from Rte 5 near San Juan Capistrano to Rte 405
74 (a) from Rte 5 near San Juan Capistrano to Rte 15
(b) from Rte 15 to Rte 215 near Perris
(c) from Rte 215 near Perris to Rte 10 near Indio
75 from Rte 5 to Rte 5 via the Silver Strand and the San Diego-Coronado
Toll Bridge
76 from Rte 5 near Oceanside to Rte 79 near Lake Henshaw
77 (a) from Rte 880 near 42nd Avenue to a connection with Rte 580 near High
Street in Oakland
(b) from Rte 580 in Oakland to Rte 24 near Lafayette
78 (a) from Rte 5 near Oceanside to Rte 15 near Escondido
(b) from Rte 15 near Escondido to Rte 86 passing near Ramona, Santa Ysabel,
and Julian
(c) from Rte 86 near Brawley to Rte 10 near Blythe
79 (a) from Rte 8 near Descanso to Rte 78 near Julian
(b) from Rte 78 near Santa Ysabel to Rte 15 near Temecula
(c) from Rte 15 near Temecula to Rte 74 near Hemet
(d) from Rte 74 near Hemet to Rte 10 near Beaumont
80 (a) from Rte 101 near Division St in San Francisco to Rte 280 near 1st St.
in San Francisco
(b) from Rte 280 near 1st St. in San Francisco to the Nevada state line
near Verdi, Nevada, passing near Oakland, via Albany, Sacramento,
passing near Roseville, via Auburn, Emigrant Gap, Truckee, and the
Truckee River Canyon.
81 from Rte 215 e. of Riverside to Rte 15 s. of Devore
82 from Rte 101 near Ford Road s. of San Jose to Rte 280 in San Francisco
83 from Rte 71 to Rte 30 near Upland
84 (a) from Rte 1 near San Gregorio to Rte 101 near Woodside Rd. in Redwood
City
(b) from Rte 101 at Marsh Road in Menlo Park to Rte 238
(c) from Rte 238 to Rte 680 near Scotts Corners via the vicinity of Sunoi
(d) from Rte 680 near Scotts Corners to Rte 580
(e) from Rte 580 to Rte 4 near Brentwood
(f) from Rte 12 at Rio Vista to Rte 80 near Bryte via Ryer Island
85 from Rte 101 near Ford Road to Rte 101 near Mtn. View
86 (a) from Rte 111 to Rte 8 near El Centro
(b) from Rte 8 near El Centro to Rte 10 in Indio via the vicinity of
Brawley.
87 (a) from Rte 85 in the vicinity of Pearl Ave. to Rte 101 in the vicinity
of Guadalupe River.
(b) from San Jose easterly of the Baysore Freeway to Rte 237
88 (a) from Rte 99 near Stockton to Rte 49 passing south of Ione.
(b) from Rte 49 in Jackson to Rte 89 in Hope Valley via Pine Grove, Silver
Lake, and Kirkwood.
(c) from Rte 89 near Woodfords to the Nevada state line.
89 (a) from Rte 395 near Coleville to Rte 50 near Meyers via the vicinity of
Markleeville
(b) from Rte 50 near May's Junction to Rte 80 via Tallac
(c) from Rte 80 near Truckee to Rte 80 near Blairsden
(d) from Rte 80 near Indian Falls to Rte 36 near Deer Creek Pass
(e) from Rte 36 near Morgan Summit to Lassen Volcanic Natl Park
(f) from Rte 44 to Rte 5 near Mt. Shasta
90 from Rte 1 NW of the Los Angeles International Airport to Rte 91 in
Santa Ana Canyon passing near La Habra [portion from Inglewood to where
Rte 90 meets Rte 39 is unsigned]
91 from Rte 1 near Hermosa Beach to Rte 215 via Santa Ana Canyon
92 (a) from Rte 1 near Half Moon Bay to Rte 280
(b) from Rte 280 to Rte 580 near Castro Valley and Hayward
93 (a) from Rte 77 near Burton to Rte 24 near Orinda
(b) from Rte 24 near Orinda to Rte 17 in Richmond via San Pablo
94 from Rte 5 near San Diego to Rte 8 west of Jacumba via Campo
95 (a) from Rte 10 near Blythe to Rte 40 near Needles
(b) from Rte 40 west of Needles northerly to the Nevada state line
96 from Rte 299 near Willow Creek via the vicinity of Weitchpec to Rte 5
near the confluence of the Shasta and Klamath Rivers
97 from Rte 5 in Weed to the Oregon state line near Dorris
98 from Rte 5 s. of Bakersfield to Rte 50 in Sacramento
99 (a) from Rte 5 s. of Bakersfield to Rte 50 in Sacramento
(b) from Rte 5 in Sacramento to Rte 5 near Red Bluff, passing near Catlett
and Tudor
100 from the junction of Rtes 1 and 17 to Rte 1 w. of the San Lorenzo River
via the beach area in Santa Cruz
101 (a) from Rte 5 near 7th St. in Los Angeles to Rte 80 near Division St. in
San Francisco, passing near Ford Road s. of San Jose
(b) from Rte 80 near Division St. in San Francisco to Rte 480
(c) from a point in Marin County opposite San Francisco to the Oregon state
line via Crescent City
102 from Rte 5 near Elkhorn to Rte 80 near Auburn
103 from Rte 47 in Long Beach to Rte 1 [unconstructed; unsigned]
104 (a) from Rte 99 near Arno to Rte 88 near Ione
(b) from Rte 88 w. of Martell to Rte 88 SW of Pine Grove via the vicinity
of Sutter Creek
105 from the south boundary of the Los Angeles International Airport near
El Segundo to Rte 605 [under construction -- DPF]
106 (not listed)
107 from Rte 1 near Torrance to Rte 405 near Lawndale [Hawthorne Blvd]
108 (a) from Rte 5 near Crows Landing to Rte 99
(b) from Rte 132 in Modesto to Rte 120 in Oakdale
(c) from Rte 120 near Yosemite Junction to Rte 49 s. of Jamestown
(d) from Rte 49 to Rte 395 via the vicinity of Sonora and Long Barn
109 from the vicinity of Notre Dame Avenue in E. Palo Alto to Rte 84
110 from San Pedro to Colorado Blvd in Pasadena
111 (a) from the International Boundary s. of Calexico to Rte 78 near Brawley
passing east of Heber.
(b) from Rte 78 near Brawley to Rte 86 nia the N. shore of the Salton Sea.
(c) from Rte 10 near Indio to Rte 10 near Whitewater passing near Palm
Desert
112 from Rte 61 to Rte 185 in San Leandro
113 (a) from Rte 12 to Rte 80 near Dixon
(b) from Rte 80 near Davis to Rte 99 passing near Woodland
114 from Rte 280 in Menlo Park to Rte 84
115 (a) from Rte 8 SE of Holtville to Rte 78
(b) from Rte 78 E of Brawley to Rte 111 at Calipatria
116 (a) from Rte 1 near Jenner to Rte 101 near Cotati
(b) from Rte 101 near Petaluma to Rte 121 near Schellville
117 (a) from the International Boundary near Border Field NE to Rte 5.
(b) from Rte 5 near the S end of San Diego Bay to Rte 125 near Brown Field.
118 (a) from Rte 126 near Saticoy to Rte 210 near San Fernando
(b) from Rte 210 near Sunland to Rte 249 N of La Canada [not constructed]
119 from Rte 33 at Taft to Rte 99 near Greenfield
120 (a) from Rte 5 near Mossdale to the W bondary of Yosemite National Park via
the vicinity of Manteca, Oakdale, Big Oak Flat, and Buck Meadows.
(b) from the E bondary of Yosemite National Park to Rte 395 near Mono Lake
(c) from Rte 395 near Mono Lake to Rte 6 near Benton.
121 (a) from Rte 37 near Sears Point to Rte 29 near Napa
(b) from Rte 29 in Napa to Rte 128
122 (a) from Rte 14 S of Palmdale to Rte 138
(b) from Rte 138 to Rte 48
(c) from Rte 48 northeasterly to Rte 58
123 from Oakland to Rte 80 in Richmond and Cutting Blvd
124 (a) from Rte 88 S of Ione to Rte 104
(b) from Rte 104 to Rte 16 near Waits Station
125 (a) from the International Boundary southerly of Brown Field to Rte 54
(b) from Rte 54 to Rte 94 near La Mesa
(c) from Rte 94 near La Mesa to Rte 56
126 (a) from Rte 101 near Ventura to Rte 5
(b) from Rte 5 to Rte 14 near Solemint
127 from Rte 15 near Baker to the Nevada state line via the vicinity of
Death Valley Junction
128 (a) from the mouth of the Navarro River to Rte 101 near Cloverdale
(b) from Rte 101 to Rte 29 near Calistoga
(c) from Rte 29 near Rutherford to Rte 113 near Davis via Sage Canyon
129 from Rte 1 near Watsonville to Rte 101 near the San Benito River
bridge, passing near Chittenden.
130 from Rte 101 near San Jose to Patterson via the vicinity of Mount
Hamilton.
131 from Rte 101 to Tiburon
132 (a) from Rte 580 W of Vernalis to Rte 99 at Modesto
(b) from Rte 99 to Rte 49
133 from Rte 1 near Laguna Beach to Rte 5 near Irvine
134 from Rte 101 near Riverside Drive easterly to Rte 210 via the vicinity
of Glendale
135 (a) from Rte 101 near Los Alamos to Rte 1 S of Orcutt
(b) from Rte 1 near Orcutt to Rte 101 N of Santa Maria
136 from Rte 395 near Lone Pine to Rte 190 via Keeler
137 from Rte 43 near Corcoran to Rte 65 near Lindsay via Tulare
138 from Rte 5 near Gorman to Rte 18 near Crestline
139 (a) from Rte 36 in Susanville to Rte 299 near Adin
(b) from Rte 299 near Canby to the Oregon state line near Hatfield
140 (a) from Rte 5 near Gustine to Rte 99 near Merced
(b) from Rte 99 near Merced to Yosemite National Park near El Portal via
Mariposa
141 the westerly extension of Rte 780 from Rte 80 to Rte 37.
142 (a) from Rte 90 near Brea to Rte 81 near Chino
(b) from Rte 91 near Chino to Rte 30 near Upland
143 from Rte 99 near Elk Grove to Rte 244 near Carmichael
144 from Rte 101 near Santa Barbara to Rte 192 via Sycamore Canyon
145 (a) from Rte 5 near Oilfields to Rte 99 near Madera, passing near Five
Points and Kerman.
(b) from Rte 99 near Madera to Rte 41
146 (a) from Rte 101 near Soledad to Rte 143 S of Rte 16
(b) from Pinnacles National Monument to Rte 25 in Bear Valley
147 from Rte 89 near Canyon Dam to Rte 36 near Westwood
148 (a) from Rte 5 near Sacramento to Rte 143 S of Rte 16
(b) from Rte 143 S of Rte 16 to Rte 65
149 from Rte 70 near Wicks Corner to Rte 99 S of Chico
150 from Rte 101 near the Ventura-Santa Barbara county line to Rte 126 near
Santa Paula
151 from Shasta Dam to Rte 5 near Project City.
152 (a) from Rte 1 near Watsonville to Rte 101 via Hacker Pass
(b) from Rte 101 to Rte 65 near Sharon via Pacheco Pass
153 from Rte 49 near Coloma to Marshall's Monument.
154 from Rte 1010 near Zaca to Rte 101 near Santa Barbara
155 from Rte 99 near Delano to Rte 178 near Isabella via Glennville
156 (a) from Rte 1 near Castroville to Rte 101 near Prunedale
(b) from Rte 101 to Rte 152 passing near San Juan Bautista and Hollister
157 from Rte 805 near San Diego to Rte 125 near Sweetwater Reservoir.
158 from Rte 395 near June Lake to Rte 395 near Rush Creek, via the
vicinity of June Lake, Silver Lake, and Grant Lake.
159 from Rte 134 to Rte 210 near La Canada
160 from Rte 4 near Antioch to Rte 51 in Sacramento
161 from Rte 97 near Dorris to Rte 139 near Hatfield
162 (a) from Rte 101 near Longvale to Rte 5 near Willows via the vicinity of
Covelo and Mendocino Pass
(b) from Rte 5 near Willows to Rte 45
(c) from Rte 45 to Rte 99 near Biggs
(d) from Rte 99 near Richvale to Rte 70 near Oroville
(e) from Rte 70 near Oroville to Foreman Creek Road via the Bidwell Bar
Bridge
163 from Rte 5 near Balboa Park in San Diego to Rte 15 near Miramar Naval
Air Station
164 from Rte 605 near Pico Rivera to Rte 210 near Pasadena
165 from Rte 5 S of Los Banos to Rte 99 near Turlock
166 (a) from Rte 1 near Guadalupe to Rte 101 in Santa Maria
(b) from Rte 101 near Santa Maria to Rte 33 in Cuyama Valley
(c) from Rte 33 near Maricopa easterly to Rte 99
167 from Rte 395 N of Mono Lake to the Nevada state line in the vacinity
of the Pole Line Road
168 (a) from Fresno to Huntington Lake
(b) from Camp Sabrina to Rte 395
(c) from Big Pine to the Nevada state line via Oasis
169 from Rte 101 near Klamath to Rte 96 near Weitchpec
170 (a) from Los Angeles International Airport to Rte 90 [unsigned]
(b) from Rte 2 to Rte 101 in Los Angeles [unsigned, along Cahuenga]
(c) from Rte 101 near Riverside Drive to Rte 5 near Tujunga Wash
171 from Rte 5 near San Diego to Rte 805 via Switzer Canyon
172 from Rte 36 at Mineral to Rte 36 near Morgan Summit
173 from Rte 138 to Rte 18 via Lake Arrowhead
174 from Rte 80 near Colfax to Rte 20 near Grass Valley
175 (a) from Rte 101 to Rte 29 near Lakeport
(b) from Rte 29 to Rte 29 near Middletown
176 (not listed)
177 from Rte 10 near Desert Center to Rte 62 near Granite Pass
178 (a) from Bakersfield to Rte 14 near Freeman via Walker Pass
(b) from Rte 14 near Freeman to Rte 127
(c) from Rte 127 to the Nevada state line in Pahrump Valley
179 from Rte 80 near Vacaville to Rte 128 near Berryessa Reservoir
180 (a) from Rte 25 near Paicines to Rte 5
(b) from Rte 5 to Rte 99 passing near Mendota
(c) from Rte 99 near Fresno to the General Grant Grove section of the Kings
Canyon National Park.
(d) from the General Grant Grove section of the Kings Canyon National Park
to the Kings Canyon National Park boundary near Cedar Grove
181 from Rte 116 near Forestville to Rte 101
182 from Rte 395 near Bridgeport to the Nevada state line via Walker River
183 from Rte 101 near Salinas to Rte 1 near Castroville
184 from Rte 223 near Weed Patch to Rte 178
185 from Rte 92 in Hayward to Rte 77 in Oakland
186 from the International Boundary near Algodones to Rte 8
187 from Rte 1 at a point near Colorado Avenue in Santa Monica to Rte 10
via Pacific Avenue and Venice Blvd [not completely signed]
188 from the International Boundary near Tecate to Rte 94
189 from Rte 18 near Strawberry Peak to Rte 173 near Lake Arrowhead via
Strawberry Flat
190 from Rte 99 near Tipton to Rte 127 near Death Valley Junction, via the
vicinity of Porterville, Camp Nelson, Olancha, and Death Valley.
191 from Rte 70 near Wicks Corner to Paradise
192 from Rte 154 near Santa Barbara to Rte 150 near the Ventura-Santa
Barbara County line via Foothill Blvd.
193 (a) from Rte 65 near Lincoln to Rte 80 near Newcastle
(b) from Rte 49 near Cool to Rte 49 near Placervilla via Georgetown
194 (not listed)
195 from Rte 86 near Oasis to Rte 111 near Mecca via Pierce St. and Ave.
66
196 (not listed)
197 form Rte 199 to Rte 1010 staying N of the Smith River
198 (a) from Rte 101 near San Lucas to Rte 33 at Coalinga
(b) from Rte 33 near Oilfields to Rte 99 via Hanford
(c) from Rte 99 to the Sequoia National Park line via Visalia
199 from Rte 101 near Crescent City to the Oregon state line via the Smith
River
200 from Rte 101 to Rte 299 staying N of the Mad River
201 (a) from Rte 99 near Kingsburg easterly to Rte 63
(b) from Rte 63 easterly to Rte 245
202 from California Correctional Institution at Tehachapi to Rte 58 near
Tehachapi
203 from the Mono county line near Minaret Summit to Rte 395
204 from Rte 58 to Rte 99 near Bakersfield via Union Ave and Golden State
Avenue
205 from Rte 580 W of Tracy to Rte 5 E of Tracy
206 from Rte 30 in San Bernadino via Little Montain to Rte 215 near
Verdemont
207 from Rte 4 near Lake Alpine to the Mt. Reba Ski Area
208 (not listed)
209 from Point Loma to Rte 5 in San Diego
210 from Rte 5 near Tunnel Station to Rte 10 near the E boundary of Los
Angeles County via the vicinity of San Fernando
211 from Rte 1 near Rockport to Rte 101 near Fernbridge
212 (not listed)
213 from 25th St. in San Pedro to Rte 405 via Western Ave
214 (not listed)
215 from Rte 15 near Temecula to Rte 15 near Devore via San Bernardino and
passing near Riverside
216 from Visalia to Rte 198 near Lemon Cove via Woodlake
217 (a) from Rte 101 near Ellwood to the campus of UCSB
(b) from UCSB to Rte 101 NW of the city of Santa Barbara
218 from Rte 1 to Rte 68 via Canyon Del Rey
219 from Rte 99 at Salida easterly to Rte 108
220 from Rte 84 on Ryer Island to Rte 160
221 from Rte 29 near Suscoi Road to Rte 121 at Imola Ave in Napa
222 from Rte 101 near Ukiah easterly to East Side Road in Talmadge
223 (a) from Rte 5 to Rte 99 S of Greenfield
(b) from Rte 99 S of Greenfield to Rte 58
224 from Rte 101 near Carpinteria to the Carpinteria Beach State Park
225 from Rte 101 near Santa Barbara to Rte 101 near Montecito via the coast
226 (not listed)
227 from Rte 1 S of Oceano to Rte 101 near San Luis Obisbo
228 from Rte 86 approximately 2.5 mi SW of Brawley to Rte 86 approximately
2 mi W of Brawley
229 from Rte 58 near Santa Margarita to Rte 41 near Creston
230 from Rte 101 near the S city limits of San Francisco to Rte 280 in San
Francisco
231 (not listed)
232 from Rte 1 near El Rio to Rte 118 near Saticoy
233 from Rte 152 to Rte 99 at Chowchilla via Roberson Blvd
234 from Rte 5 near French Camp to Rte 99
235 from Rte 5 to Rte 99 N of the Calaveras River
236 from Rte 9 near Boulder Creek to Rte 9 near Waterman Gap via Governor's
Camp in Big Basin Redwood State Park
237 from Rte 82 near Mtn. View to Rte 680 near Milpitas
238 from Rte 680 in Fremont to Rte 51 near San Lorenzo via Hayward
239 from Rte 580 W of Tracy to Rte 4 near Brentwood
240-241 (unassigned)
242 from Rte 680 to Rte 4 N of Concord
243 from Rte 74 near Mountain Center to Rte 10 near Banning
244 from Rte 80 to Fair Oaks Blvd near San Juan Ave
245 from Rte 198 to Rte 180 near the General Grant Grove section of Kings
Canyon National Park
246 (a) from current west city limits of the City of Lompoc to Rte 1
(b) from Rte 1 to Rte 154 near Santa Ynez
247 (a) from Rte 62 near Yucca Valley to Rte 18 near Lucerne Valley
(b) from Rte 18 near Lucerne Valley to Rte 15 near Barstow
248 from Rte 134 near Pasadena to Rte 210 near Monrovia [unsigned]
249 from Rte 2 N of La Canada to Rte 14 S of Palmdale [through the Angeles
National Forest -- currently unsigned and unconstructed]
250 (unassigned)
251 (a) from Rte 580 near Pt. San Quentin to Rte 101 near Greenbrae
(b) from Rte 101 near San Rafael to Rte 1 near Pt. Reyes Station.
252 from Rte 5 to Rte 805 near the N city limits of National City
253 from Rte 128 near Boonville to Rte 101 near Ukiah
254 The Avenue of the Giants, from Rte 101 near the Sylvandale interchange
to one tenth of a mile N of Jordan Creek
255 from Rte 101 in Eureka to Rte 101 near Arcata via the Humboldt Bay
Bridge and the Samoa Peninsula.
256 from Rte 80 SW of Roseville to Rte 65 N of Roseville
257 from Rte 34 to Rte 101 near Ventura
258 from Rte 405 near Torrance to Rte 101 near Hollywood [unsigned; it
looks to run along Western until it reaches the 405, when it becomes
Rte 213]
259 from Rte 215 to Rte 30 in San Bernadino
260 from Rte 61 in Alameda to Rte 880 in Oakland near Seventh and Harrison
Streets
261 (unassigned)
262 from Rte 880 to Rte 680 near Warm Springs
263 from Rte 3 near the N city limits of Yreka northeasterly to Rte 96 near
the confluence of the Shasta and Klamath Rivers
264 (unassigned)
265 from Rte 97 in Week northwesterly to Rte 5 at North Weed Interchange
266 from Rte 168 near Oasis to the Nevada state line
267 from Rte 80 near Truckee to Rte 28 near Kings Beach, Lake Tahoe via
Northshore Blvd
268 (unassigned)
269 from Rte 33 at Avenal to Rte 145 near Five Points
270 from Rte 395 S of Bridgeport to Bodie State Historic Park
271 from Rte 101 near Cummings to Rte 101 near the Humboldt-Mendocino
County line
272 (unassigned)
273 (a) from Rte 5 near Anderson to Rte 299 in Redding
(b) from Rte 299 in Redding to Rte 5 NE of Redding
274 from Rte 5 near Balboa Ave to Rte 15
275 from Rte 50 near Westacre Rd W of Sacramento to the junction of Capitol
Ave and Ninth St. in Sacramento
276 from Rte 198 near Three Rivers to Oak Grove
277-279 (unassigned)
280 from Rte 101 in San Jose to Rte 80 near First St in San Francisco via
Daly City
281 from Rte 29 S of Lakeport to Rte 29 southerly of Konocti Bay and via
the vicinity of Soda Bay
282 from Rte 75 fto the Naval Air Station at North Island in Coronado
283 from Rte 101 S of Rio Dell to the N end of the Eel River Bridge and
Overhead in Rio Dell
284 from Rte 70 at Chilcoot to Frenchman Reservoir
285 from Rte 70 in Portola to Grizzly Reservoir via Humbug Canyon and Lake
Davis
286-298 (unassigned)
299 (a) from Rte 101 near Arcata to Rte 5 at Redding via Weaverville
(b) from Rte 5 at Redding to Rte 395 at Alturas
(c) from Rte 395 near Alturas to the Nevada state line via Cedarville
330 from Rte 30 near Highland northeasterly to Rte 18
371 from Rte 79 near Aguanga to Rte 74 E of Anza
380 (a) from Rte 1 near Pacifica to Rte 280 in San Bruno
(b) from Rte 280 in San Bruno to Rte 101 in the vicinity of the San
Francisco International Airport
395 (a) from Rte 15 near Cajon Pass to the Nevada state line passing near
Little Lake, Independence, Bridgeport, and Coleville
(b) from Nevada state line NW of Reno to the Oregon state line near New
Pine Creek via Alturas
405 from Rte 5 near El Toro to Rte 5 near San Fernando
480 from Rte 280 near Harrison St. in San Francisco to the junction of Rte
1, Funston approach, and the approach to the Golden Gate Bridge in the
Presidio of San Francisco passing near the intersection of Lombard St
and Van Ness Avenue.
505 from Rte 80 near Vacaville to Rte 5 near Dunnigan
580 (a) from Rte 5 NW of Vernalis to Rte 80 near Oakland via the vicinity of
Dublin and Hayward
(b) from Rte 80 near Albany to Rte 101 near San Fafael via the Richmond-San
Rafael Bridge
605 (a) from Rte 1 near Seal Beach to Rte 405
(b) from Rte 405 to Rte 210 near Duarte
680 (a) from Rte 101 near San Jose to Rte 780 at Benicia passing near Warm
Springs, Mission San Jose, and Sunol, via Walnut Creek
(b) from Rte 780 at Benicia to Rte 80 near Cordelia
710 from Rte 1 to Rte 210 in Pasadena
780 from Rte 680 at Benicia to Rte 80 in Vallejo
805 from Rte 5 near San Ysidro to Rte 5 N of La Jolla and easterly of
existing Rte 5
880 from Rte 280 in San Jose to Rte 80 in Oakland
980 from Rte 880 in Oakland to Rte 580

Daniel
--
[W]:The Aerospace Corp. M1/055 * POB 92957 * LA, CA 90009-2957 * 310/336-8228
[Email]:fai...@aerospace.aero.org [Vmail]:310/336-5454 Box#13149

Mark Panitz

Dec 31, 1992, 9:48:20 PM12/31/92
suggestion: check with either CHP or Caltrans, one of these agencies should
be able to help you, or check with the AAA (if you are a member). they
might have some information. also you can find a California Road Atlas
(published by Thomas Bros map co) that might be of some help.