Lack of Turn signal use

1 view

Wally Cox

Feb 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/26/00
Do you think ppl who don't use turn signals know they are suppose to? Is it a
matter of proximity to others? I was on 880 (SF BAY) in the middle lane. I
had a big space in front of me. A Mustang
drifted into my lane without signals. But when he/she wanted to cut in front
of a car in the fast lane, the mustang signalled. I think its just poor
manners.

Len Turnbow

Mar 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/2/00

Maybe you can help me.

I do my own oil changes and tuneups and have been a California driver for
nearly 30 years, so I consider myself a fairly canny consumer of things
automotive. On a recent driving vacation to Oregon, I noticed something
that struck me as very odd -- made me feel uneasy. Traveling North on
highway 5, an imported car (Camry, I think), passed me on the left and
pulled ahead. When the car was about 10 seconds ahead of me, I saw a sort
of *amber flashing light* coming from the right rear of the car!

I know this sounds kind of crazy, but I swear that is what I saw.

After the light pulsed on and off a few times, the car merged in front of
me, now 11 or 12 seconds ahead. Thats when the flashing light stopped.
The car looked perfectly normal after that, except for the fact that the
driver apparently chose to merge so very very far in front of me rather than
the more traditional eight to ten inches.

As a follow - on question: Yesterday, I noticed there is a little "stick-like"
object that pokes out to the left, just behind the steering wheel on my car,
opposite the windshield wiper control. Do you know what this thing is for?

Is it dangerous?

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you

--Len

Kenneth Crudup

Mar 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/2/00
In article <38BF57C9...@ix.netcom.com>,
Len Turnbow <ltur...@ix.netcom.com> says:

>As a follow - on question: Yesterday, I noticed there is a little "stick-like"
>object that pokes out to the left, just behind the steering wheel on my car,
>opposite the windshield wiper control. Do you know what this thing is for?
>Is it dangerous?

Nah, but I wish it were a $2000 compulsory device, so people would *use* the
goddamn thing!

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Washington, D.C.
Home1: PO Box 914 Silver Spring, MD 20910-0914

zwa...@submm.caltech.edu

Mar 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/14/00
"Forget world peace --- Visualize using your turn signal!"

-Bumper sticker

--
To email me, delete the first character in my email header

Member, "Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"

----------\ \ Gun Control Is Being Able
\/_\ \ To Hit Your Target
\ \