[Mom flipped off shooter first...] Marcus Anthony Eriz, 24, And Wynne Lee, 23, Arrested In Connection With 55 Freeway Shooting Death Of 6-Year-Old Aiden Leos

Leroy N. Soetoro

Jul 11, 2021, 3:21:05 PM7/11/21
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/06/06/2-arrests-made-in-connection-
to-55-freeway-shooting-death-of-6-year-old-aiden-leos-costa-mesa-
boyfriend-and-girlfriend-in-custody/

ORANGE (CBSLA) — After a manhunt that lasted more than two weeks, a couple
in their 20s were arrested outside their Costa Mesa apartment Sunday night
in connection to the 55 Freeway road rage shooting that took the life of
6-year-old Aiden Leos on May 21.

California Highway Patrol, the lead agency in the investigation, announced
Monday that they have also located the vehicle and firearm used in the
shooting.

“We have recovered what we believe are the weapon and automobile used in
the crime,” Assistant Chief Don Goodbrand said. “Information from the
public throughout this process has been extremely helpful.”

CBSLA learned that California Highway Patrol investigators had placed the
couple under surveillance for an unspecified period of time. Officers
followed the pair from a restaurant Sunday before arresting them outside
their Costa Mesa residence.

CHP Patrol Capt. Mike Harris said Monday that he spoke to Aiden’s mom
about the arrests.

“I FaceTimed her,” he said. “I let her know what had taken place. She was
very emotional.”

The Orange County District Attorney’s Office Monday announced 24-year-old
Marcus Anthony Eriz and 23-year-old Wynne Lee were the two arrested. Eriz
is suspected of being the shooter, while Lee is believed to have been the
driver. They are believed to be romantically involved.

Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer told CBSLA that murder
charges may be on the table, but that a decision on the exact charges will
come soon, once prosecutors have been fully briefed on evidence gathered
by CHP investigators.

“We’ll be and we are as we speak executing search warrants to get
additional evidence that we’re going to and want to collect,” Spitzer told
reporters Sunday night. “And we’re putting this case together. I feel
very, very good about the case.”

A memorial service for Aiden was held Saturday.

On the morning of May 21, Aiden was in a booster seat in the back of his
mother’s Chevrolet Sonic, on his way to kindergarten in Yorba Linda, when
the shooting incident occurred on the northbound 55 Freeway in the city of
Orange.

Joanna Cloonan, Aiden’s mother was involved in a road rage incident with
the occupants of a white Volkswagen station wagon over a perceived unsafe
lane change, according to CHP. Detectives believe a woman was driving and
a man, who was in the front passenger seat, committed the shooting itself.

The reward for information leading to the arrest of the suspects has
surpassed $500,000. So far there’s been no word on what will happen with
the reward.

“It gives me peace of mind and that’s why we came out here today, a big
part of why we came out here today, knowing that justice is being served,”
Jackie Matinee, who visited the memorial for Aiden on the Walnut Avenue
overpass above the 55 Freeway, said Monday.

At Monday’s press conference, Spitzer had tough words for the suspects in
the shooting.

“I’m here to tell you, this is Orange County, California,” Spitzer said.
“And when you commit a crime in our county, you’re going to be held
responsible to the fullest extent of the law.”

Both Eriz and Lee remained in custody at the Orange County Jail Monday on
$1 million bail. They are expected to be arraigned at the Orange County
Superior Court Tuesday morning. The public will then have a better
understanding of the charges the pair are facing.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.