Moving to Hell.A. -- do I need insurance for my motorbike?

Dan Fineman

Aug 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/30/95

Hey all! I'll soon be doing a 9-week internship out on the planet
Southern California. Recently i've become a motorcycle fanatic, and
would like to bring my bike with me. Up here in Washington, insurance
for motorcycles isn't required by law.

I'm seriously considering buying it anyways -- and if motorcycles are
legally required to carry insurance in california, then I shall. Does
anyone out there know the situation down there?

Mail me with any responses, if you'd be so kind - it's kinda hard to
rummage through all these groups.

Dan
fin...@cs.washington.edu

Jeff Bara

Aug 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/30/95
fin...@grizzly.cs.washington.edu (Dan Fineman) wrote:

>Hey all! I'll soon be doing a 9-week internship out on the planet
>Southern California. Recently i've become a motorcycle fanatic, and
>would like to bring my bike with me. Up here in Washington, insurance for motorcycles isn't required by law.

It should be.

>I'm seriously considering buying it anyways -- and if motorcycles are legally required to carry insurance in california, then I sha=

ll. Does anyone out there know the situation down there?

Greeting from Hell - Down here you need insurance and a
motorcycle license and a helmet (imagine that)

If you don't need all these things in the styx, then maybe you
should leave your bike there too - the freeways are not for
country boys.

Stay safe.

Robert Simonton

Sep 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/3/95
In article <FINEMAN.95...@grizzly.cs.washington.edu> fin...@grizzly.cs.washington.edu (Dan Fineman) writes:
>From: fin...@grizzly.cs.washington.edu (Dan Fineman)
>Subject: Moving to Hell.A. -- do I need insurance for my motorbike?
>Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 17:17:30 GMT

>Hey all! I'll soon be doing a 9-week internship out on the planet
>Southern California. Recently i've become a motorcycle fanatic, and
>would like to bring my bike with me. Up here in Washington, insurance
>for motorcycles isn't required by law.

(Portion deleted)

If you expect any help from Southern Californians, perhaps you shouldn't make
snide references to "planet Southern California," let alone your outright
insult to the fine City of Los Angeles, by calling it "Hell.A." Do us a
favor: if you must visit, please check your attitude at the state line.

Andy Woodward

Sep 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/5/95
>>Subject: Moving to Hell.A. -- do I need insurance for my motorbike?
>>Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 17:17:30 GMT
>
>>Hey all! I'll soon be doing a 9-week internship out on the planet
>>Southern California. Recently i've become a motorcycle fanatic, and
>>would like to bring my bike with me. Up here in Washington, insurance
>>for motorcycles isn't required by law.
>(Portion deleted)
>
>If you expect any help from Southern Californians, perhaps you shouldn't make
>snide references to "planet Southern California," let alone your outright
>insult to the fine City of Los Angeles, by calling it "Hell.A." Do us a
>favor: if you must visit, please check your attitude at the state line.

And learning to talk in Calgol is a bitch.

Those Fersure....
.
.
.
....Noway loops are a real killer.

Boris Slutsky

Sep 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/6/95
In <simontn.1...@primenet.com> sim...@primenet.com (Robert Simonton) writes:

>insult to the fine City of Los Angeles, by calling it "Hell.A." Do us a
>favor: if you must visit, please check your attitude at the state line.

Oh lighten up already will you!.. It's YOUR attitude (among other things)
that's giving LA's bad name. Is it really so hard to answer a simple
question? YES, Califorinia requires minimum liability insurance of
$35,000, on motorcycles as well as cars. And NO, not all of us down here
are rude to strangers and lack any sense of humor.

--

-- Boris

Victor Eijkhout

Sep 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/6/95
In article <42h0kh$3...@fileserv.aber.ac.uk> a...@aber.ac.uk (Andy Woodward) writes:

> And learning to talk in Calgol is a bitch.

Oh, I thought that was Valgol.

> Those Fersure....
> .
> .
> .
> ....Noway loops are a real killer.

PROGRAM test LIKE,START!

Grody**max

:-)
--
Victor Eijkhout
405 Hilgard Ave ............................ `The effect is a movie that seems