DOIs for articles?

Steve Oberg

Apr 29, 2016, 6:08:19 PM4/29/16
to Code4Lib Journal-discuss
I like to read Code4Lib Journal and just joined this group. I'd like to ask whether you all have considered creating DOIs for articles? I've never done that myself and am not sure of what that'd involve. One of the motivations for asking the question is if you did, you'd make this fine journal more accessible to third party services such as BrowZine which requires DOI-level linking in order to support inclusion. Or to link resolvers also. College & Research Libraries switched to using DOIs a few years ago if I recall correctly, for similar reasons.

Steve

S Oberg

Apr 30, 2016, 9:32:14 AM4/30/16
to Code4Lib Journal-discuss
Sorry for not reading prior posts before asking...I saw that you all have investigated this thoroughly already.

Steve