Lightbox for full-sized images

7 переглядів
Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення

Tom Keays

не прочитано,
15 трав. 2011 р., 16:43:2315.05.11
Кому: c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
I have a cosmetic enhancement suggestion for the Journal. Many of our articles have embedded images that are thumbnails linking to the full-sized version.

  E.G,, http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/4134#fig1

I was reading an online article today and realized that they were handling this more elegantly, where the linked image opens in a modal window or "lightbox" on the same page.

  E.G., http://tidbits.com/article/12156

The technique uses a script to open the image in the modal window (usually written using a jQuery or Prototype/Scriptaculous library) and degrades gracefully to a more normal image link (like we're already using) when JavaScript is not available (or otherwise messes up).

There would be a small amount of overhead/work in converting our articles, in that most of these scripts require an identifier (e.g., rel="lightbox" or similar) to designate the images that require this handling.

Tom

Jonathan Rochkind

не прочитано,
16 трав. 2011 р., 10:26:1216.05.11
Кому: c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com, Tom Keays
We still have very limited 'technical staff' -- ie, any volunteers interested in making such improvements, or generally coordinating our WordPress install.

People seemed somewhat ambivelent to my previous proposal to try and recruit a Technical Editor/Coordinator/Manager to be point person on the WordPress install and coordinate development/maintenance there.

In addition to needing just person hours to develop new features like this, I think we do need a 'buck stops here' person -- if we end up with different ephemeral volunteers adding different features, we'll end up with an install that nobody really understands en toto or bottomlines, and nobody has responsibilty/expertise for trouble-shooting when it goes wrong.
Відповісти всім
Відповісти автору
Переслати
0 нових повідомлень