current editors

Jonathan Rochkind

Jul 20, 2011, 12:49:07 PM7/20/11
to c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
I think our list of editors at:
http://journal.code4lib.org/editorial-committee

has become outdated. A couple of those listed have 'retired', no?
Anyone know who's who? Is MJ still on the committee?

Jonathan

Jodi Schneider

Jul 20, 2011, 1:35:52 PM7/20/11
to c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
Technically it should be updated every issue -- maybe a checklist is in order.

I've seen CFP's for issue 15 but this mentions the CE for 13...

Otherwise, I've no clue. :(

-J

Tim McGeary

Jul 20, 2011, 1:40:29 PM7/20/11
to c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
MJ indicated a few weeks ago that Issue 14 would be his last.

I haven't seen EC around this list for a while... and Emily is coming
back, right?

Is it time to recruit a couple new editors?

Tim M

On 7/20/11 1:35 PM, Jodi Schneider wrote:
> Technically it should be updated every issue -- maybe a checklist is in
> order.
>
> I've seen CFP's for issue 15 but this mentions the CE for 13...
>
> Otherwise, I've no clue. :(
>
> -J
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <roch...@jhu.edu
> <mailto:roch...@jhu.edu>> wrote:
>
> I think our list of editors at:

> http://journal.code4lib.org/__editorial-committee

> <http://journal.code4lib.org/editorial-committee>
>
> has become outdated. A couple of those listed have 'retired', no?
> Anyone know who's who? Is MJ still on the committee?
>
> Jonathan
>
> --

> <mailto:c4lj-discuss%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

> For more options, visit this group at

> http://groups.google.com/__group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en>.

> --

> c4lj-discuss...@googlegroups.com.

Jodi Schneider

Jul 20, 2011, 1:49:31 PM7/20/11
to c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
I'd suggest an annual recruit at the conference. Badly timed right now though... -J

<mailto:roch...@jhu.edu>> wrote:

   I think our list of editors at:
   http://journal.code4lib.org/__editorial-committee
   <http://journal.code4lib.org/editorial-committee>

   has become outdated. A couple of those listed have 'retired', no?
     Anyone know who's who? Is MJ still on the committee?

   Jonathan

Groups "Code4Lib Journal-discuss" group.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en.

Tim McGeary

Jul 20, 2011, 1:51:40 PM7/20/11
to c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
We passed on recruiting at this year's conference, and coincidentally a
good number of editors weren't able to attend anyway.

I'm not sure any timing is perfect.

On 7/20/11 1:49 PM, Jodi Schneider wrote:
> I'd suggest an annual recruit at the conference. Badly timed right now
> though... -J
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Tim McGeary <timmc...@gmail.com
> <mailto:timmc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> MJ indicated a few weeks ago that Issue 14 would be his last.
>
> I haven't seen EC around this list for a while... and Emily is
> coming back, right?
>
> Is it time to recruit a couple new editors?
>
> Tim M
>

> On 7/20/11 1:35 PM, Jodi Schneider wrote:
>
> Technically it should be updated every issue -- maybe a
> checklist is in
> order.
>
> I've seen CFP's for issue 15 but this mentions the CE for 13...
>
> Otherwise, I've no clue. :(
>
> -J
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Jonathan Rochkind
> <roch...@jhu.edu <mailto:roch...@jhu.edu>

> <mailto:roch...@jhu.edu <mailto:roch...@jhu.edu>>> wrote:
>
> I think our list of editors at:

> http://journal.code4lib.org/____editorial-committee
> <http://journal.code4lib.org/__editorial-committee>

> <http://journal.code4lib.org/__editorial-committee
> <http://journal.code4lib.org/editorial-committee>>
>
> has become outdated. A couple of those listed have
> 'retired', no?
> Anyone know who's who? Is MJ still on the committee?
>
> Jonathan
>
> --

> c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com <mailto:c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:c4lj-discuss@__googlegroups.com
> <mailto:c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com>>.

> <http://googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:c4lj-discuss%__2Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:c4lj-discuss%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>__>.

> For more options, visit this group at

> http://groups.google.com/____group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/__group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en>

> <http://groups.google.com/__group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en>>.
>

> --

> <mailto:c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com>.

> c4lj-discuss+unsubscribe@__googlegroups.com
> <mailto:c4lj-discuss%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/__group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en>.
>

> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/__group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/c4lj-discuss?hl=en>.
>

> --

> c4lj-discuss...@googlegroups.com.

Kelley McGrath

Jul 20, 2011, 1:54:47 PM7/20/11
to c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
I vaguely recall an email from Edward that he was going to have to be
less active for an issue or two.

Kelley

Ed Summers

Jul 22, 2011, 7:52:36 AM7/22/11
to c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm a big fan of what you all are doing and would like to volunteer to
help out as an editor for a bit, if there are some open spaces.

//Ed

Jonathan Rochkind

Jul 22, 2011, 11:19:01 AM7/22/11
to c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
[note: this thread is still on the open list, I'm glad it was on the open list cause that prompted Ed to volunteer (this is why it's good to have more discussions on the open list, so other people can volunteer to help us out!), but if an editor wants to move it to the closed list, might be appropriate to do that soonish.]

I think we can accomodate more editors at this point. I think it's okay if we accept new editors without a giant announcement with deadlines for new editor nominations -- just like we accept rolling article submissions. Can we have Ed fill out our very short application we've used before, and then vote, as per our usual process for accepting new editors?

Jul 24, 2011, 10:22:33 AM7/24/11
to c4lj-a...@googlegroups.com, c4lj-d...@googlegroups.com
I agree with everything Carol says below.