[C320-list] Companionway boards

Warren Updike

Apr 18, 2022, 10:16:16 AM4/18/22
to Catalina C320 mail list
Looking to replace companionway boards with Starboard. Has anyone done this? I'm interested in your experience,

mi...@softscrap.com

Apr 18, 2022, 10:41:45 AM4/18/22
to C320...@catalina320.com
I replaced mine with doors made out of Starboard. I'm not a carpenter but
StarBoard is easy to work with and the doors came out very well. Attached
is the plan I drew up, be sure to check the dimensions on your boat.
--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail (ID 027keghhX) is spam:
Spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=s&i=027keghhX&m=8e3be766c2b0&t=2
0220418
Not spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=n&i=027keghhX&m=8e3be766c2b0&t=2
0220418
Forget vote:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=f&i=027keghhX&m=8e3be766c2b0&t=2
0220418

REMEMBER: Never give out your account information, password, or other
personal information over e-mail.
END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Bill Aleshire

Apr 18, 2022, 10:57:47 AM4/18/22
to C320...@catalina320.com
Mi...@softscrap.com I don't see an attachment to your email.

Bill Aleshire
AleshireLAW PC
3605 Shady Valley Dr.
Austin, Texas 78739
512 320-9155 phone
512 750-5854 cell
512 320-9156 fax
Bi...@AleshireLaw.com

mi...@softscrap.com

Apr 18, 2022, 11:02:54 AM4/18/22
to C320...@catalina320.com
I don't think the pdf went through the Catalina320.com filter. So here it
is.
Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail (ID 037keVKhm) is spam:
Spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=s&i=037keVKhm&m=ac03c7f74628&t=2
0220418
Not spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=n&i=037keVKhm&m=ac03c7f74628&t=2
0220418
Forget vote:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=f&i=037keVKhm&m=ac03c7f74628&t=2

rthru...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2022, 11:37:23 AM4/18/22
to C320...@catalina320.com
Mike,
The PDF still didn't go through. Can you please try sending it again? I'd
love to see it.
Thanks,
Rene'

mi...@softscrap.com

Apr 18, 2022, 12:33:27 PM4/18/22
to C320...@catalina320.com
Hello Rene and everyone else. Apparently, the PDF of my doors is being
blocked by the 320 site filter. It is attached but it you didn't get it
just email me at mi...@softscrap.com and I'll send it too you. The doors
were a fairly easy project using StarBoard and some lexan for the windows. I
got the hinges through defender marine.
Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail (ID 077kfBnjd) is spam:
Spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=s&i=077kfBnjd&m=caa11769a4b0&t=2
0220418
Not spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=n&i=077kfBnjd&m=caa11769a4b0&t=2
0220418
Forget vote:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?c=f&i=077kfBnjd&m=caa11769a4b0&t=2

Jeff Smith

Apr 18, 2022, 12:37:28 PM4/18/22
to C320...@catalina320.com
Mike,

If you email the PDF to me directly, I will post it on the website under
“Reference Documents”. My email is svsailm...@gmail.com.

For those of you interested, I will have it posted by Wednesday.

Cheers,
Jeff Smith
#121, ‘94

Chris Burti

Apr 18, 2022, 2:31:42 PM4/18/22
to 320
Mike,

Please load them on the Association website for all to see!
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC

mi...@softscrap.com

Apr 18, 2022, 2:52:04 PM4/18/22
to C320...@catalina320.com

Jeff Hare

Apr 18, 2022, 5:17:19 PM4/18/22
to C320...@catalina320.com
If anyone is looking for better pricing on Starboard (or Seaboard which is
very very similar), consider ebay. We buy quite a bit of it here for various
small projects: https://www.ebay.com/str/norvaplasticsinc

You may find some cutoffs that are very close to the dimensions you need for
reduced prices.

I recently got 6 small sheets from them. They were discounted cutoffs from
one of their larger production jobs and were in perfect condition with
plastic protective covering. $5 each for 1/2" thick 14"x20" plus
shipping.

You'd need 7/8" or 1" I suspect.

Good luck!
-Jeff Hare