Re: [C320-list] Fish a line from panel box to bilge

Rene

Jun 2, 2021, 3:49:46 PMJun 2
to C320...@catalina320.com
We need to fish a wire from the panel box to the bilge of our 1998 C320. Any directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rene'
Little Wing #545

Jerry Schrock

Jun 2, 2021, 4:24:01 PMJun 2
to C320...@catalina320.com
The way I did mine is to go through the bottom hole behind the panel with a fish tape to the aft corner of the port bench where all the other wires come through. I tried to go from the seat up but couldn’t get the tape to line up with the hole in the panel floor. You may have to drill a hole in the panel floor if there’s not one already. Mine is pretty crowded with the stereo wires.

Midnight Rider 1998 # 500

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 2, 2021, at 14:49, Rene <rthru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We need to fish a wire from the panel box to the bilge of our 1998 C320. Any directions would be greatly appreciated.

John Beck

Jun 2, 2021, 4:29:53 PMJun 2
to C320...@catalina320.com
With a fish tape, go from under the nav station seat where you see all the
cables leaving the area , it will go at an angle into the forward section
of the control panel where there is a hole, I used a coat hanger. That was
on 518, I know a year later they change some of the cables.
> --
Jb

Mark Cole

Jun 2, 2021, 11:14:03 PMJun 2
to C320...@catalina320.com
The route from electrical panel to bilge on Fiddler’s Green is the same - there is a large chase from the port cabin seat from the panel down to the bilge. When you pull your wire, also pull a small messenger string and tie it off behind the panel and down in the bilge. This will make it much easier next time you need to run a wire to the panel.

Mark
Fiddler’s Green #8