[C320-list] Two Questions

Charles Martin

Mar 19, 2021, 12:31:50 PM3/19/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
Shipmates:

Two quick questions:

1) I am trying to upgrade my instruments and the Sea Talk 1 cables going
to/from the ST 60 Speed Gage and the ST 60 Depth Gage have been modified
from their original 3 conductor standard cables (there are extra conductors
in each case--the modified Sea Talk 1 cable from the Speed Gage appears to
be running to the ST 4000+ Autohelm while the modified Sea Talk 1 cable
from the Depth Gage seems to be going to the Chartplotter. This cabling
looks to be original on my Hull 767 boat--the PO did not have the boat
long, and I doubt he modified the cables. So if this is the original
cabling, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the instrument cabling? It
is not covered in the manual.

2) Has anyone replaced their LNG tank? Catalina Direct doesn't list one,
and I can't find the type used on the C320 online (size and shape seem to
be important). I was told I should replace it when I had it refilled last
week.

The great advice from you all is always appreciated.

Best,
Chip Martin
S/V Bonaventure, Hull #767
(410) 231-0199
chipr...@gmail.com

Chris Burti

Mar 19, 2021, 1:01:41 PM3/19/21
to 320
Normally, instrumentation would have been installed at commissioning by the
dealer, not Catalina.

Fair Winds,
Chris Burti
Commitment #867
Farmville, NC

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 12:31 PM Charles Martin <chipr...@gmail.com>

Joe Geiger

Mar 19, 2021, 1:13:49 PM3/19/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
Here is the CD link to the tank that fits the C320:
https://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5026

Joe
--
Joe Geiger
“Vega” Hull #722

P.F. Ross

Mar 19, 2021, 1:18:22 PM3/19/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
I had my tank recertified with the current standard valve installed by a
local company that refills propane tanks. Can't exactly remember price
(<$100?), but it definitely was less than a new tank.

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206
Naples, FL

Stuart Wheelans

Mar 19, 2021, 1:19:19 PM3/19/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
You should be able to get the tank recertified. Google recertification for
LNG and you should have someone in your area.

Stuart
Celtic Knot #667

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 12:31 PM Charles Martin <chipr...@gmail.com>

jackbrennan

Mar 19, 2021, 1:27:37 PM3/19/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
You need to measure, but I believe the 10 pound Trident aluminum tank at Defender Marine is the one.Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 catalina 320Tierra Verde, Fl.Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Charles Martin <chipr...@gmail.com> Date: 3/19/21 12:31 PM (GMT-05:00) To: C320...@catalina320.com Subject: [C320-list] Two Questions Shipmates:Two quick questions:1) I am trying to upgrade my instruments and the Sea Talk 1 cables goingto/from the ST 60 Speed Gage and the ST 60 Depth Gage have been modifiedfrom their original 3 conductor standard cables (there are extra conductorsin each case--the modified Sea Talk 1 cable from the Speed Gage appears tobe running to the ST 4000+ Autohelm while the modified Sea Talk 1 cablefrom the Depth Gage seems to be going to the Chartplotter.  This cablinglooks to be original on my Hull 767 boat--the PO did not have the boatlong, and I doubt he modified the cables.  So if this is the originalcabling, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the instrument cabling?  Itis not covered in the manual.2) Has anyone replaced their LNG tank?  Catalina Direct doesn't list one,and I can't find the type used on the C320 online (size and shape seem tobe important).  I was told I should replace it when I had it refilled lastweek.The great advice from you all is always appreciated.Best,Chip MartinS/V Bonaventure, Hull #767(410) 231-0199c...@gmail.com

Ken Geiger

Mar 19, 2021, 1:48:06 PM3/19/21
to chipr...@gmail.com, C320...@catalina320.com
There was a light weight fibre glass tank in Northern Dream when we bought her several years ago.  It has the advantage of being able to actually see the liquid level through the glass, being light in weight and not corroding.
Check them out.
Ken GeigerNorthern Dream#765 2000