[C320-list] New Starter Recommedations for a Yanmar 3GM

Timothy Osburn

Apr 10, 2021, 4:17:41 PMApr 10
to C320...@catalina320.com
I need to install a new starter for my 1997 Yanmar 3GM and it looks like I
have several choices. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations and
advice.
Thanks.

Dave Hupe

Apr 10, 2021, 4:51:33 PMApr 10
to C320...@catalina320.com
Here is one to compare at $172 plus shipping Yanmar 3GM Starter motor (parts4engines.com)
Parts4 engines has been excellent for me to get Perkins parts, even though they are in United Kingdom.  They have substantially beat prices here even with shipping and I have received very fast.  They are very good to answer if you have questions via their email.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32)

pto...@4square.net

Apr 10, 2021, 5:32:05 PMApr 10
to C320...@catalina320.com
I had one rebuilt overnight for $125. They even painted it Yanmar grey.

Pat

Pat Tormey
S/V Blue Skies
Newport RI

kendgb

Apr 10, 2021, 6:22:48 PMApr 10
to C320...@catalina320.com
My original Yanmar (Hitachi) starter was not responding, sort of, intermitantly, as there was a draw down showing on the volt meter.  I decided the solenoid was problematic so installed the backup We carry.  One of those after market ones you find if you Google Yanmar starter.Well it responds all the time but requires more cranking to start the diesel.  Probably not cranking as fast.  I will be getting the original rebuilt.  So beware of the after market offerings.Ken Geiger Northern Dream, soon to be back on  Georgian Bay#765 2000Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: pto...@4square.net Date: 2021-04-10 17:31 (GMT-05:00) To: C320...@Catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] New Starter Recommedations for a Yanmar 3GM I had one rebuilt overnight for $125. They even painted it Yanmar grey.PatPat TormeyS/V Blue SkiesNewport RI-----Original Message-----From: C320-list <c320-lis...@lists.catalina320.com> On Behalf Of Timothy OsburnSent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 4:17 PMTo: C320...@catalina320.comSubject: [C320-list] New Starter Recommedations for a Yanmar 3GMI need to install a new starter for my 1997 Yanmar 3GM and it looks like I have several choices. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations and advice.Thanks.