[C320-list] Sheet clutches and fresh water pump

Sara Schroeder Skinner

Jul 22, 2021, 2:41:55 PM7/22/21
to C320 Blog
Hi all. Now that I have finished tensioning the steering cable (thanks Joe and Dave!) I have discovered that the clutch for the Spinnaker halyard is releasing tension on the line when we raise the shoot. I’m sure these have never been serviced and I can’t find a part or model number or manufacturer name. We played with it last night and when there is tension from raising hired the internal mechanism is lifting up resulting in the line slipping under the pressure on the line. Has anyone service these? Does anyone have the name or manufacture? Or might there be a technical article?

I also I’m going to buy a back up spare freshwater pump. My Shurflow 2088-723-244 was manufactured in 1999 and is still working fine. But I know it’s going to go and I prefer not to be away from the dock when that happens. Of course this part is not made anymore. The recommended part was the Shurflow Aqua King. Has anyone purchased one? Any suggestions about footprint or hose fittings?

Sara
Wandering Star
2000/#707

Sent from my iPhone

Chris Burti

Jul 22, 2021, 2:59:30 PM7/22/21
to 320
The clutch would be made by Garhauer if original... they sent me new parts
when mine failed.

https://www.garhauermarine.com/

Fair Winds,
Chris Burti