[C320-list] Time to Retire from Sailing

Gus Macdonald via C320-list

Jun 16, 2024, 2:58:43 PMJun 16
to C320...@catalina320.com, Gus Macdonald

In the last year or so I seem to have read more postings on our site about owners getting a bit older and making the tough decision to sell their boats and leave the sport. After resisting the thought for quite some time I find myself in that position and have put my boat up for sale.

This being the case, if anyone is aware of someone looking for a very nice C320 in the Great Lakes area, I would be obliged if you could let them know the boat is available. It is a well equipped 2004 model that has spent all its days in fresh water. Details can be viewed on ca.boats.com. Search for Catalina 320.

This is a fabulous owners group and has been a great help to me over the last 8/9 years of ownership. I appreciate all the effort that goes into maintaining the site.

I am not cancelling my membership yet as maybe I can live vicariously through others for a while longer.

Gus Henderson
Lindisfarne-2004
Hull #999
Midland, Ontario

Joe Grande via C320-list

Jun 17, 2024, 12:11:55 AMJun 17
to C320...@catalina320.com, Joe Grande
Well Gus, FAIR WINDS TO YOU! I have lived on Whisper now for 20 years AND celebrated my 80th birthday in January. Here in Seattle we are just now hitting our weather stride. I just bought my Dungeness crab license for the season that will open July 1st. Life, for me, is about looking forward. August will find us up north in Canadian waters. How long do I plan to do this? As someone once said: "As long as I can see over the dirt!"
Best wishes to you!

Joe Grande
Whisper #772, 2000
Seattle

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
As Joe said “Fair winds to you”. I to sometimes consider selling Tortuga, but when sailing season starts all those thoughts all go away?

Sent from my iPhone
Art Harden
Catalina 320 "Tortuga" E-62
937.885.9380 (o)