[C320-list] Masthead Attachment

Mark Cole

May 30, 2021, 12:13:13 PM5/30/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
Has anyone installed new gear to their masthead fitting? I need to install a new wind instrument and replace the anchor light but I’m not sure if I should use rivets or drill and tap the masthead fitting. I would like to make the decision before I head up the mast and limit it to one trip…. Thanks for any input.

Mark Cole
Fiddler’s Green, #8

Chris Burti

May 30, 2021, 8:40:53 PM5/30/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
Drill and tap. Easier to work on later.

Best Regards,
Chris Burti
Commitment #867

> On May 30, 2021, at 12:13 PM, Mark Cole <boat...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone installed new gear to their masthead fitting? I need to install a new wind instrument and replace the anchor light but I’m not sure if I should use rivets or drill and tap the masthead fitting. I would like to make the decision before I head up the mast and limit it to one trip…. Thanks for any input.

Christian

May 30, 2021, 8:46:08 PM5/30/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
My personal opinion, since it's aluminum, rivet with threaded rivets, so if
you ever strip threads in your fastener, just put in a new threaded rivet.

RONALD HODEL

May 31, 2021, 10:57:19 AM5/31/21
to C320...@catalina320.com
Tied to that thought. Has anyone installed the spinnaker crane
https://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Sparcraft_Spars/FM_Masts/FM-0305_mast.php
NG1-2

Ron Hodel
Lokomaikai #1070