[C320-list] Loncoin replacement

Troy Dunn

May 18, 2021, 9:38:54 PMMay 18
to C320...@catalina320.com
Has anyone attempted to replace the vinyl flooring in the galley with a
fitted "rug" of a nicer and more modern material? Chilewich Woven for
example? Something with just a little give in it that snaps into place
like the aft berth rug would be ideal I think and would hopefully eliminate
the need for a runner under the companionway steps.

Ideas?

Troy Dunn
Hull #514

Jack Brennan

May 18, 2021, 9:55:29 PMMay 18
to C320...@catalina320.com
Hi Troy:

I have a 1998 with the rubber floor in the galley. I like it because I occasionally get oil or water from the engine coming into the galley when I’m doing work. It’s easy to wipe up, whereas a permanent rug or even less durable flooring would create many problems.

My wife does have a throw rug that she places under the stairs and in the galley when we go on trips. That’s comfortable and easy to remove when I get the tools out. The stairs hold the rug in place.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to cut a piece of carpet to fit and install snaps on it and the floor. Just remember that any engine mishap will probably kill the carpet. If your seawater pump develops a leak, for example, (as mine did recently) it will be soaked before you realize what’s happening.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

RONALD HODEL

May 18, 2021, 10:00:14 PMMay 18
to C320...@catalina320.com
We use ‘bathroom’ throw rugs in various sizes from Bed, Bath and Beyond. They last several seasons and when we’re done with them, we can change the colors easily. And their cheap (relatively) and easy
Ron Hodel
#1070 Lokomaikai

Sent from my iPad