Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Lasse Nørgård Nielsen

neprebran,
6. mar. 2012, 03:06:366. 3. 12
do c-...@googlegroups.com
Dear CSAN members,

We hereby bring attention to two CISCA lectures in March:

CISCA Guest lecture

POPULAR POLITICS AND INTEREST ARTICULATION IN CONTEMPORARY INDIA
by Kenneth Bo Nielsen(Research Fellow at the Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo).
At IKS, Aarhus University
Bulding 1483, Room 348 - 12-3 PM
9th March 2012

Popular politics in contemporary India gravitates around the articulation and aggregation of interests from a diversity of groups, communities and populations. Interests are articulated both through and in opposition to the state, and involves both democratic and non-democratic means. In this lecture Kenneth Bo Nielsen locates the current configuration of Indian popular politics in the context of the evolution of India’s democratic setup. Drawing on this own research on Muslim mobilisation in the state of West Bengal, and on the widespread opposition to forced land acquisition in the same state, Nielsen explores the interplay between contemporary forms of popular mobilisation, and the larger political and democratic structures within which they are embedded. The lecture includes the screening of Dayabati Roy and Partha Banerjee’s film “Unnayaner Name” (In the Name of Development).

KINSHIP CLASSIFICATION IN PATTERNS OF PUBLIC ORDER

by Prof. Georg Pfeffer (Dept. of Ethnology, Freie Universität Berlin)
At IKS, Aarhus University
Bulding 1461, Room 316 - 10-12 PM
13th March 2012

Comparative anthropological studies of kinship and marriage reveal the artificial character of such concepts. What most people conceive to be
a 'natural' order of kinship differs in multiple ways in different socio-cultural contexts, since the domain of kinship and marriage is applied to classify
societal wholes. The presentation will illustrate this classificatory quality by examples taken from (1.)the Book of Genesis, since this model is also
applied (among others) in many contemporary Muslim societes, and (2.) from the Adivasi community of the Gadaba, about 100 000 people in the
Orissan district of Koraput of Middle India.

NB: As we are transfering content from our old webpage (cisca.dk) to our new one (cisca.au.dk), so follow the directions of this mail to be sure of the right information.

Best regards,

CISCA
Aarhus University
Odgovori vsem