Streaming server being connected to set-top box (in Linux 2.6.15)

John Carrie

Jan 6, 2016, 10:17:01 AM1/6/16
to C++ RTMP Server
Hi, everyone.

I am a mere beginner of streaming server.
But I am going to make a streaming server that streams the media from the TV.
The structure is following:
  1. We have a set-top box and it connected to the server with a hdmi-usb adapter.
  2. The set-top box transfer the signals to the server through this adapter.
  3. The server receives the digital signals (mjpeg codec, I think) and streams the video and audio to the all connected clients.
       The clients can be pc or mobile, etc.
Which streaming libraries can I use and How can I do this?
Linux kernel version of Hosting server is 2.6.15.
Any ideas or urls will be profoundly grateful.

Thanks.