iPhone/iPad

John Bell

Feb 26, 2015, 5:01:35 PM2/26/15
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to create the following scenario.

1) Setup crtmp
2) Install with rtmp and/or HLS support.
3) Stream a video from jwplayer in browser
4) Access same stream with an iPhone or iPad for read and recording.

Steps 1-3 are pretty straight forward and i have this working.

How do i now demo this with an iPhone or iPad?

Regards.

Daniel

Rani

Feb 27, 2015, 3:55:13 AM2/27/15
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Well accesing in iOs or Android is pretty tricky this days.  You should know that crtmpserver does not support HLS by defeaut, only his commercial sister, EvoStream Media Server, does ( https://evostream.com/products/features-overview/ )

A few months ago i have had the same situation and have tried a lot of things, configurations, different protocols ( rtmp, rtsp, hls ) but in the end, for reasoning of hdd space, i have ended up with a third party simpliest solution ( for my needs, that might not be your case ).

To cut matter a short i have reached the following posibilities:

a. iOS ( apple alike, iPhone and iPad ) -> http+.m3u8
at least iPhone4S with iOS > 5
from  iPad2 with at least iOs 4.3.2

you have to do for every stream its playlist by yourself using ffmpeg
1. nativ segmentation ( meaning at video file current bitrate )
ffmpeg -i /path/to/video_file.mp4 -map 0 -codec:v libx264 -codec:a libfaac -f ssegment -segment_list video_file.m3u8 -segment_list_flags +live -segment_time 10 video_file-%03d.ts
2. a desired bitrate, let's say 128K for example
ffmpeg -i /path/to/video_file.mp4 -map 0 -codec:v libx264 -codec:a libfaac -b:v 128K -minrate 128K -maxrate 128K -f ssegment -segment_list video_file.m3u8 -segment_list_flags +live -segment_time 10 video_file-%03d.ts
You could find more elaborate/beste examples on google ( for your needs) or someoneelse with more experience regarding ffmpeg could explains it better than i did

then into webpage
     <video controls width="480" height="270">
         <source src="http://{website}/path-to/video_file.m3u8" type="application/x-mpegurl">
     </video>

do not forget to and into your webserver ( Apache, nginx ) mime file following types:
application/x-mpegURL                 m3u8;
video/MP2T                            ts;
( for .ts, segmenteed files )

a. Android ( at least version 4.3 )

Normal jwplayer/flowplayer code in html page with rtmp protocol BUT into Android you must have already installed a browser who is processing all flash request into the cloud in this way it does not matter and there is not need for flash player into your Android device; one of this which i have tested and is working is Puffin Web Browser ( it is not free but neighter expensive ) but it is possible to be other as well.

Also you could use http://www.browserstack.com/ to test your page on different iOS/Android devices.

Hope that helps

Stephen Conley

Feb 28, 2015, 4:12:47 PM2/28/15
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com
Another Android application that works to watch flash streams (using
JWPlayer, VideoJS, etc.) is FlashFox. I've had great success using
that.

There's also a browser called Photon which I believe works on Apple
"i-Devices" as well, though it's got ads and is kind of obnoxious :)

See ya,

Steve
> --
>
> ---
> "C++ RTMP Server" group.
> email to c-rtmp-serve...@googlegroups.com.

John Bell

Feb 28, 2015, 5:05:20 PM2/28/15
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com
I did find this app.....

It turns your ipad/iphone into a wifi camera that can be viewed in browser on the laptop from my ipad/iphone.

I can't seem to get crtmp server to connect via this app.

Josh Allmann

Mar 2, 2015, 5:16:26 PM3/2/15
to c-rtmp...@googlegroups.com
Maybe VLC would work.

If you want specific features that other apps don't provide out of the
box, such as recording, you'll need to build them yourself. It is more
work, but not impossible. ffmpeg/libav/librtmp/etc all have library
interfaces that cross-compile nicely to iDevices, and crtmpserver will
stream to those.

Josh

On 28 February 2015 at 14:05, John Bell

Wang Qiguo

Dec 30, 2015, 10:46:16 PM12/30/15
to C++ RTMP Server
i had add this HLS features for crtmpserver a long time ago. it is easy to implement this. you can mix the h264 and aac to ts stream by yourself,at the same time generate a .m3u8 file which contains a list of .ts filenames. when the decoder (such as safari in iphone) request the .m3u8 file by http protocol it resolved the .m3u8 file ,and  get the list of .ts files. then the decoder download the .ts files and decoder them one by one

在 2015年2月27日星期五 UTC+8上午6:01:35,John Bell写道: