Fwd: Deployment to Florence SC

Scott Parker K7LU

Sep 13, 2018, 11:03:29 PM9/13/18
to BYUARC

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Club Storehouse <club...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 8:57 PM
Subject: Deployment to Florence SC
To: KO3W <club...@gmail.com>, Dan Goodson <dango...@mac.com>, Steve Blankinship <ag...@outlook.com>

Message from Dan Goodson, K4KUS, NASE Area ECS:
Church leadership is looking for anyone able & willing to deploy to the Conway Stake (Florence Area) of SC. . . . you need both VHF and HF capability . . . let me know if you're up to it. . . -Dan K4KUS
Pete's commentary on deployment:
See the attached list of ideas on what you need to pack. Right now the best estimate/planning guidance is 3-5 days before you might get restocked with food and fuel. Because we are not a naval vessel, you just get beans and Bunker C, no bullets!
Perhaps Dan will be able to provide some additional remarks on what the needs are. If you are able to do this, please Reply All so Steve and Dan know you will be underway.

-Pete
DeploymentPackingList.pdf

Scott Parker K7LU

Sep 14, 2018, 4:32:02 PM9/14/18
to t...@ki7dah.com, BYUARC
To clarify - this message originated with the ERC director for the North America Southeast Area and was relayed to e-mail lists I am subscribed to by the North America Northeast director.  (Until early 2017, I was a net control operator at the DC Storehouse, KO3W and I am still subscribed to the NANE distros.)

So while the message was primarily directed to east coast and/or midwest folks, I passed it on since I'm sure they'd take someone from west of the Mississippi in the event no one from the NASE or NANE areas volunteers.

So far they have only asked for a single individual with equipment per the list in the attachment that was with the forwarded e-mail.  I can watch and will advise if the situation changes as I still receive all the e-mail and text traffic for the northeast region as well as the DC area.

73 DE K7LU

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 1:14 PM Tim Wood <t...@ki7dah.com> wrote:
Hello,

Sorry if I missed any details when I missed the net yesterday.  Is there any need for operators without equipment (equipment better than HT's anyway), maybe for helping set up stations or taking shifts?  When are people deploying, and how long will they be staying if they're staying past the 3-5 days?

Thanks,
Tim Wood
KI7DAH

Eric Jarvi

Sep 14, 2018, 6:29:10 PM9/14/18
to k7...@arrl.net, t...@ki7dah.com, BYUARC
I can relay the request to Hams who might be able to volunteer from the Pacific Northwest area if needed.  Or if you need people to support the expedition in some way let me know.

I graduated BYU CS in 2000 and not a current BYU student or club member.  Might try the $5 membership trick mentioned recently.

Eric Jarvi
AD7F

Eric Jarvi

Sep 17, 2018, 1:42:17 AM9/17/18