Spring/Summer Updates

Spencer Ammermon

May 1, 2018, 12:40:15 PM5/1/18
to byu...@googlegroups.com
Good morning BYUARC! Just a few quick updates for the start of Spring term:
1. The Digipeater is up and running! You can now go to https://aprs.fi/ and type in n7byu-1 to see it. If you use APRS around the Provo area, your coverage should be greatly improved.
2. I will be here through Spring and Summer term, and would like to keep projects going in the club, even if there are just a few of us here. We still have lots of shack projects (like cleaning it up) that we need to get through, and I have some other build night projects in mind. Please let me know if you are going to be around and would like to continue informal club meetings.
3. I sent a message on the group chat a few weeks ago about a list of VHF conventional public safety frequencies that I have. Most of these are linked in from talk groups on the 800 MHz statewide trunked system. If you would like this list to be able to listen to fire dispatch, Utah Highway Patrol dispatch for Utah County, and so on, send me an email.
4. Now that we are having some warmer weather, I want to go somewhere like Strawberry Reservoir in the near future to do some HF portable. String up an antenna in the trees and talk all over the world (with a very low noise floor- that's the best part). This will not be an official club activity, but if you would like to join me to just get away and have some fun on HF for a morning/afternoon, let me know. After all, this is how I fell in love with HF years ago.

-Spencer Ammermon
NG6K
BYUARC Vice President