Fwd: [PVRC] Urban universities with ham radio towers in tall buildings?

Scott Parker K7LU

Apr 11, 2018, 1:24:19 PM4/11/18
to BYUARC
Alcon,

Could someone familiar with the current state of the N7BYU installation give the folks at NYU a hand?

If you have info to share, please reply to Ted directly at  tsrw...@aol.com

Thanks & 73,
Scott    K7LU

Apr 14, 2018, 6:05:48 PM4/14/18
to k7...@arrl.net, Horace Hamby, BYUARC
Although I am currently living in Washington I am very supportive of the BYU club happenings and glad to still be on this email list.

As it turns out we had some students from the University of Washington go through a license exam session of ours this morning and demo our club station during a satellite pass.  They are doing a similar project to what you are describing for NYU (resurrecting/starting up lab that can be used for ham radio and specifically satellite telemetry). Georgia Tech may also be a good school to consult with as they have a strong club and a repeater antenna located at the top of the one of the tallest buildings in their urban area (I think in that case it is atop the Bank of America building but I could be wrong).

I do not have their contact information but could look it up, and I am adding a colleague of mine Horace Hamby who may have some of this.

Eric Jarvi
AD7F
BYU Computer Science - Class of Y2K