Dropping lowest graded assignment...

Jay McCarthy

Jun 7, 2011, 11:10:21 PM6/7/11
to BYU CS 142
A while ago someone sent out the idea of dropping the lowest graded
assignment, I think that's a good idea and I'll do it, if you still
want it.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

Message has been deleted

Lucas Amorim

Jun 7, 2011, 11:26:20 PM6/7/11
to byu-cs-jm-14...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please.

Nate

Jun 8, 2011, 12:01:00 AM6/8/11
to byu-cs-jm-14...@googlegroups.com, BYU CS 142
Who wouldn't? Yes for me, too :)

Of course, since we're also doing optional exercises that adds extra credit to our less than perfect scores, it would be to our advantage to have no points added to our lowest score (and have them added to other exercises). That seems like it would be confusing to worry about, though...

Ben Romney

Jun 8, 2011, 3:47:05 AM6/8/11
to BYU CS 142 (Spring 2011) [McCarthy]
I think it's a great idea too.

On Jun 7, 9:10 pm, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A while ago someone sent out the idea of dropping the lowest graded
> assignment, I think that's a good idea and I'll do it, if you still
> want it.
>
> Jay
>
> --
> Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>
> Assistant Professor / Brigham Young Universityhttp://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

Jay McCarthy

Jun 8, 2011, 5:07:46 AM6/8/11
to byu-cs-jm-14...@googlegroups.com
I will add extra credit in temporal order and drop the lowest grade after.

Jay

2011/6/8 Nate <nathan...@gmail.com>:

XMan

Jun 13, 2011, 12:19:51 AM6/13/11
to BYU CS 142 (Spring 2011) [McCarthy]
It's really confusing to me:
if we drop the lowest assignment, then each assignment will worth more
than 5 percent of our grade?
Can we just get 5% extra on our total grades?

On Jun 8, 5:07 pm, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will add extra credit in temporal order and drop the lowest grade after.
>
> Jay
>
> 2011/6/8 Nate <nathantpor...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Who wouldn't? Yes for me, too :)
> > Of course, since we're also doing optional exercises that adds extra credit
> > to our less than perfect scores, it would be to our advantage to have no
> > points added to our lowest score (and have them added to other exercises).
> > That seems like it would be confusing to worry about, though...
>
> --
> Jay McCarthy <j...@cs.byu.edu>
> Assistant Professor / Brigham Young Universityhttp://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay

Jay McCarthy

Jun 13, 2011, 7:50:14 AM6/13/11
2011/6/13 XMan <919...@gmail.com>:

> It's really confusing to me:
> if we drop the lowest assignment, then each assignment will worth more
> than 5 percent of our grade?

Yes

> Can we just get 5% extra on our total grades?

No

Message has been deleted

Jay McCarthy

Jun 13, 2011, 6:40:14 PM6/13/11